◇ Part 1 ◇

Shubman's POV

"Shubman ji!"

I turned my head to look towards the voice. Vira was standing , a red lehenga, adorned with jewelry that complimented her beautiful features. She was smiling, her hands painted with dark henna, eyes wide with excitement.

Humari shaadi ki din aise kaise aa gayi?

A red veil covered her hair, but single strands of her gentle waves peeked out of the hairstyle, framing her face. She was looking at me expectantly, almost as if she wanted something.

Almost on cue with my thoughts, she beckoned me towards her, mouthing the words aa jao. I felt myself being drawn to her.

"Haan ji. Kuch toh chahiye tha?"

"Meine aaj aap keliye khana nahi khaaya. Toh aap mujhe khila sakte ho?"

I looked at her slightly confused. She held her hands up, gesturing towards her mehendi. I did a slight 'O' with my mouth, telling her I understood.

She giggled, pecking me on the cheek.

"Thank you, baby."

Baby? Kab se?

Once again, confusion filled my face, when she started to walk towards me. I took a step back each time she stepped towards me. Until my back hit the wall. I was trapped between her and the wall.

Not that I minded, of course.

She kept coming closer. A pair of silver, hand-crafted ghungroos were jingling with each step she took, leaving an echo in the room. As she closed the distance between us, I began to hear the tiniest of sounds and notice the smallest of things. Her jhumkas were clinking gently, and her bangles tinkling. I looked up at her forehead and saw a bright red line of sindoor in her parting. A single strand had come out of place, and I moved my hand to gently tuck it behind her ear.

I let her take a couple more steps to fill the gap between us, as she gazed into my eyes, her passionate chestnut eyes burning into mine. Once again, I lifted my hand, cupping her cheek with it, moving towards her slowly, tilting my head, ready to feel her lips on mine.

"Shubman!"

Mein yahan hi hoon, baby, fikar maat karo.

"Shubman!"

"Hmmm...."

"SHUBMAN!"

"Kya?"

Suddenly, I was overcome by an ice-cold sensation on my face, stinging my cheeks, and my T-shirt was completely soaked. Standing in front of me with a hand on the hip, and a glass of water in hand, was an annoyed-looking Ishan, a look of disapproval on his face.

"Yaar, tu pagal hai kya? Khana oven mein rakh kar soh gaya tu. Ghar jalaa deta tu, bhai! Tumko khana karne ka kabhi zimedaari nahi deni chahiye. Pura hotel hi jal jayegi!"

"Kya hua?"

"Kya hua? Suna nahi? Sab nachos jal chuke hai. Ab tu hi kha lo."

"Arey, sorry, yaar. Mujhe bohot neend aa rahi thi, mein kya karun?"

"Toh mujhe baatana tha, na? Mein dekh le tha."

"Sorry, phir nahi hoga."

"Hmm, woh dekhenge." He said, slightly grumpily, but I noticed a tinge of a smile on his face.

"Ba- Ishan, mein chai rakhun kya?"

I turned to the voice, seeing Vira. She'd spoken for the first time in this conversation. She didn't look towards me, her eyes were fixated on Ishan, and I could see the chemistry burning between them. They were exchanging something with their eyes, leaving me in suspense. Did something happen when I was asleep?