◇ Part 2 ◇

Vira's POV

"Woh mil gayi."

Kya? Arey, mere saath iss bande ko kya chahiye?

"Uhm, actually, mujhe jana padega, meri bus mujhe chod ke jaegi." I said, awkwardly.

There was no bus, but anything to get out of there. There was no saying what this man would do to me. What if he's trying to kill me?! He looks the type to, as well.

"Nahi, aap yahan hi rukho."

"Kyun?"

"You'll see, Vira ji."

Arey yaar, isko mera naam bhi paata hai! Zaroor mujhe marne keliye aaya hoga. How else would he know my name? Ab mein kya karoon? Mujhe bhagna padega.

I looked around, searching for a route away from this creep. I saw an opening in the hoard of people and decided the best way to get away was to blend into the crowd. The man looked away for a second, most likely checking for his accomplice- the one he had called.

And that's when I ran.

I ran harder than I ever had. Being a relatively athletic person, it wasn't too much effort for me, but I knew from running this fast, that my lungs would definitely give out on me soon. I needed to work smarter, not harder. I needed to hide.

But where?

While running, my eyes desperately searched for a spot to hide. I was sure the man would have noticed that I had run away, and was probably hot on my heels by now. I looked back quickly, just to check. And there he was.

I urged my legs to move faster. I was scanning the path ahead of me for obstacles, trying hard not to knock over something, or hurt someone. I saw a cart hurtling towards me, and I slid over it, like they do in Bollywood movies.

I looked behind me again, and to my horror, the man wasn't behind me. Hey bhagwan, meri maut itni jaldi kyun aa rahi hai? Woh aadmi kaha gaya, yaar? I stopped running, taking a second to look for the man.

Taking a couple of breaths, which my lungs thanked me for, I continued walking, not forgetting to check my surroundings every so often. I'd walked for about five minutes with no spotting of the strange man, so I assumed I was safe. I think I lost him.

I looked to my left, thinking I'd heard someone call my name. But, before I could go closer to the sound, a hand clamped around my mouth, and I was violently pulled backwards by a pair of strong arms around my waist. Shit, I spoke too soon.

I wanted to scream, but he had his hand over my mouth. I wanted to run away, but he was holding me tightly. I wanted to be anywhere other than here, but he was stopping me.

I felt my back hit the wall with great force. I opened my eyes, which I'd shut tightly in fear. The same man with the mask loomed over me, his hand still clamped on my mouth, his eyes staring intensely into mine. His other hand was rested behind my head to cushion it against hitting the wall. Hmm, odd move from a kidnapper. Weirdo.

He moved the hand behind my head, and rested it against the wall, just next to my head. My breathing was heavy, and my heart rate had increased significantly. Urgh, meri kismat itni kharab honi hi chahiye, na? I stared back into his eyes intensely, attempting to put him off.

From the outside, I looked confident, stubborn, strong. Inside, my insides were melting, both from fear and embarrassment. Hum aise kyun khade hai? He was still leaning over me, and I could feel his gentle breaths on my face.

He took his hand off my mouth, and pushed himself effortlessly off the wall. I opened my mouth to scream, which he noticed, and a finger to his lips telling me to keep my mouth shut.