17

I've been avoiding daniel the past few weeks and got on track with my studies. We are now in December yessss, end of year term test, and guess who caah wait feh school lock me. After the invigilator informed us that we had only ten minutes' leave, I rested my head on the desk after finishing the last question

Yuh naah, look back over yuh paper?

Wrong smaddy luv.

I walked out of class five minutes early.

I saw anna standing chatting away with someone.

She turned her head and saw me, "dutty gyal." She hugged me.

"Wahm clean body" I hugged back.

We discussed the paper and laughed when we realized that I didn't answer number 30.

"Girl, all mk say dah question deh did a hurt mi head" I reply.

My phone started to ring, and I looked to see it was daniel, I hiss my teeth before putting my phone on do not disturb.

Why him nuh call ih gyal weh did a gi him head.

We only had one test today, so we went home early.

***

In my room studying for my upcoming exam, my phone started to buzz. Thinking that is renae calling me back, I answered the calling before looking at the caller ID.

"Yea girl" I speak. The call line was silent, "hello?"

I removed the phone from my ears to see it was daniel. I hissed my teeth before ending the call, brite nuh blutclaat.

You and daniel.

Daniel and himself.

Putting my phone on charge, I went to sleep.

So early?

Yea.

***

Jesus piece mi bed feel too nice feh get up why a inna the mawning mi ave test couldn't inna the afternoon and worst a two test mi a get today, I hate literature!

Calling renae phone cause mk the bitch nuh wake yet, she picked up on the third ring, "mmmm?" Her voice sounds sleepy, tell yuh bout har dutty style dem.

"Gyal get up cause weh ago late" I urged her, but knowing she she didn't hear one thing, I said.

"Ren?" I called. No answered.

"REN" I called her name a little louder. Still no answer.

"RENAE!!" I screamed her name.

"Yeeeeeeeessssss" she stressed, "mi get up girl."

"Call yuh bk the next ten minutes yuh suppose to ready by then" I said, ending the call.

***

Running out the house while dialing ren number, she answered on the first ring. "Yuh ready?"

"Soon" she replied.

"Soooon!?" I shout.

"Girl chill, taf a drop weh" she calmly says.

"Only taf?" I inquired.

"Yea" she speaks before adding, "I think so."

Now, in a moving car with a johncrow behind the steering wheel and ren man as passenger princess, loud music of bayka plays through the speaker.

"Slap mi dick pon har mouth" ren nods her head to the song.

The car comes to stop indicating that we reach our destination, I open the door as fast as I could, running out before closing the door waiting for ren to join me. About a minute, ren open the door before coming out with a smile.