14

"Come Inna the car" daniel demanded.

I'm not going anywhere with you sir what do you want.

Stop gi the man chat and guh inna the car

You shut up to

"No" was my response.

He hiss his teeth for the million times this evening.

"Anything yuh affeh say or tell mi, you can mi ago hear yuh" I stood my ground.

He stared at me for about five minutes straight.

You caah intimidate me one ting mi a mek you know.

"Yuh nuh wah mi come out desso eno" he mumbles.

"Weh yuh say mi neva hear yuh so clear" I glared at him.

"Since as yuh ave so much mouth cause yuh bad" he curse opening the car door.

Bloodclat now.

Doh run

Feh, wah?

"Pussyole" he uses his gun finger shub off my face, then he grips my blouse, "stop mek man talk to yuh more dan one time, nuh."

I pushed at his chest tump and kicked him, but he didn't let go of me.

Mia guh bawl.

Tears well up in my eyes as I throw punches at his chest, he loosen his grip on my blouse and held my hands and brought me into him for a hug.

"Chill" his voice was rough.

A bawl yah bawl

Yes, I'm a cry baby.

"Stop ih crying man" his voice soothing.

I used his shirt to whipe my tears, and I looked up at him with a smile all over my face.

"Fucking farrid big" he taps it.

"Lowe mi farrid" I covered it with my hands.

"Guh inna the car" he points.

No.

Gwaan before him mek yuh bawl again

I went over to the passenger side and opened the door.

He got in and started the engine and drove off.

A weh we ago?

Now yuh wah ask dat

Yea.

***

Day-Day Pov

I'm packing the rest of my stuff because tomorrow I'll be taking back a plane to Jamaica, yes my home country and back to my girlies.

I had a hair appointment tomorrow because your girl is dolling up for the Christmas,  I would also go to the store and get the girls' sweets.

Dem did tell you dem wah nth feh rotten dem teeth

Dem neva sen mi up feh work so dem feh be grateful.

I was also bringing them a suit of clothes one would get a blouse the other get a bathing suit and the next a shoes.

My aunt took me up overseas to spend some time with her. Even though I have school in Jamaica, I will resume when the break is over. Once over here, I had to speak proper English.

A wah tell two a dem white gyal yah bout dem Mada.

"Daaay, I'm going to the store. Wanna come?" My aunt shouts from downstairs.