So psyched

Ashley and her two Pokémon are making their way towards Saffron City. However, the trio appears to be lost as Ashley checks the map. The trio then notices that the fog has disappeared.

However, they also spot Saffron City in the distance and Ashley is excited for her upcoming Gym battle.

They eventually find themselves standing in front of the Saffron Gym. A man runs up behind them and suggests that they should avoid the Gym and runs off.

Ashley ignores the warning and heads inside, intent on winning the Marsh Badge. They go inside, finding Sabrina sitting on a throne.

Ashley asks for her official match from Sabrina and the Psychic-type expert agrees as she moves over telekinetically as the arena lights up.

Sabrina tosses out a Poké Ball, sending out her Kadabra while Ashley sends out Haunter.

Ashley checks her Pokédex about Sabrina's starter.

"Kadabra, a Psychic Pokémon. The evolved form of Abra. Employs powerful telekinetic attacks." The device said.

The battle begins as Haunter uses Shadow Punch, but Kadabra Teleports to avoid it and then uses Psybeam on Haunter.

Haunter gets back up and uses Shadow Ball, hitting Kadabra, but it uses Recover to heal. "Haunter, use Hypnosis!" Ashley said as her Ghost-type's eyes glow light blue as the Psychic-type falls asleep.

Suddenly, Haunter disappears and reappears in front of the sleeping Kadabra as its eyes glow red and fires two black beams outlined in dark red from them at the Psi Pokémon, making the Psychic-type unable to battle.

Sabrina recalls her Kadabra and subsequently awards the Marsh Badge to the trainer. Ashley and her Pokémon leave Saffron City, waving goodbye to Sabrina, her Kadabra, and Mr. Mime, who had presented the Marsh Badge to the young girl.

Ashley glances at her new Marsh Badge, still couldn't believe that she won it. Ashley remembers that the next Gym is located in Celadon City and decides to head there.