All aboard

After earning the Thunder Badge, Ashley and her Machop walk across a bridge and spot a luxury liner in the distance. The pair takes a closer look at the ship and wants to get on board, but Ashley mentions that they cannot afford it, so they walk away.

However, two ganguro girls, give them a free ticket to participate in a Pokémon Trainer party that is going to be held aboard the St. Anne. While Ashley and her Machop look for the luxury liner, they are surprised by the long line.

Ashley and her Machop board the ship and head into the main ballroom, noticing all the people, Pokémon, and merchandise. Ashley notices a battle between a Starmie and a Raticate.

Ashley decides to step forward to challenge the Raticate's Trainer, sending out Venomoth. Raticate attacks with Jump Kick, but Venomoth counters with Tackle. Raticate uses Hyper Fang, and Venomoth responds with Stun Spore to paralyze it.

Ashley prepares to finish the duel, but the Gentleman recalls his Raticate and declares it a draw, even though Ashley was actually winning. The ship sails out of Vermilion City as Ashley and Machop chow down. The Gentleman comes up to Ashley and commends her Venomoth.

"Thanks, I just caught Venomoth in the Vermilion Forest before I had left." She said. He proposes a trade between his Raticate and Ashley's Venomoth. Ashley asks Machop if she should go through with it, but Machop is too busy eating next to her to respond, so Ashley agrees to go ahead with the trade.

They go to a trade machine and Ashley acquires Raticate while the man receives her Venomoth. Machop finds Ashley looking out at sea, having a smile on her face, he decides to join her.

Suddenly, the ballroom starts locking down as Team Rocket Grunts began confronting the Trainers with vacuum packs to capture their Poké Balls. When one of the grunts walks up to Ashley and demands her Pokémon, Ashley orders Poseidon to attack the thugs with Thunderbolt.

She spurs the other Trainers to fight back, and everyone sends out their Pokémon. Ashley's Gyarados, Charmander, and Bulbasaur, together with Machop, join the other Pokémon in stopping the Grunts.

Ashley notices a Butterfree swarm attacking with Stun Spore and decides to summon her new Raticate.

Ashley also sends out Pidgeotto to join others in a group Gust attack. The Gyarados group uses Thunderbolt to send the Team Rocket Grunts flying off the ship and foiling their scheme. However, during the battle the ship had sailed directly into a storm.

As strong waves begin to batter the ship, Ashley recalls all of her Pokémon back to their Poké Balls. The captain tries to calm the passengers, assuring them that the ship is unsinkable, but, after another wave crashes against the ship, he enters a lifeboat.

The passengers and crew begin scrambling into the other lifeboats to evacuate. Ashley grabs her Gyarados's Poké Ball once more and uses him as a transportation. By this time, all of the passengers and crew had gotten off the ship safely.

The ship capsizes and goes down. The captain, watching from his life boat, assumes that everyone is safe, not realizing that Team Rocket Grunts member, Lance is still trapped on board.