A rare Pokémon?

Ashley and her Machop are hiking towards Mt. Moon, discussing about the legend of a meteor made of Moon Stone crashing there in prehistoric times. It was late in the afternoon as Ashley pondered about setting up camp that way she could get a fresh start in the morning, but she decided against it.

It wouldn't matter what time it was once she entered the mountain, regardless it would be dark, and she wasn't tired.

Besides, the Pokémon she was searching for was nocturnal by nature. There wasn't a ton of information on the sacred Pokémon, but researchers believed that they were most active at night.

Ashley took her heavy duty flash light out of her backpack. It was one of the several essential items that she had packed, before leaving her home of Pallet Town.

She looked down at her Fighting-type and smiled at him. With her Machop by her side, the young girl entered the mountain fearlessly.

Ashley's flash light did a fairly decent job of lighting up her surroundings. She had only been inside of the mountain for about a half-hour, and was surprised by how vacant the caves were.

The only signs of life, were a scientist named Seymour that the girl shortly passed by, and a curious yellow mouse Pokémon with a cream colored belly.

The two encountered a flock of Zubat. Ashley prompts Machop to act, as she orders him to use Focus Blast, causing the Zubat to flee.

It took Ashley a while to think up the perfect thing to leave behind. But, once she thought of it, she was positive that it was the perfect choice.

She picked out a Poké Ball from her belt and sends out her Tiny bird Pokémon.

"Pidgey, do you have any loose feathers?" asked the young girl. The colossal-sized Pokémon responded with a cheerful glee as she shook off of her molted feathers. Ashley proceeded to pick up some of the feathers and spread them out strategically. That way she wouldn't have to worry about some traveler, or Pokémon, picking one of them up, out of curiosity.

Ashley had Pidgey use a light Gust to spread out the rest of the feathers, before she returned the Flying-type. She then communicated to Machop that they should be all set to explore the cave.

After about an hour of traveling deep into the mountain, a Clefairy was peeking out from behind a medial-sized rock. She recognized it immediately. Ashley scans it on her Pokédex.

"Clefairy, the Fairy Pokémon, it's charming in both behavior and form. It's said that happiness will come to anyone who sees Clefairy dance under a full moon." The device said.

Ashley was amazed. She always heard beautiful stories about the Clefairy evolutionary line since she was a baby. She knew beforehand, that she didn't have a chance of actually tracking down a Clefairy on her own.

But maybe, if she showed up and put forth some kind of effort, a Clefairy would track her down. Ashley loved her Pokémon, and she knew that she had the heart to take care of a rare Pokémon such as Clefairy.

"Hi there, Clefairy. My name is Ashley and this is my Machop. I've heard such great stories about you and your evolved forms. My goal is to one day become a Pokémon master." Ashley said as she approached the Clefairy slowly, not wanting to frighten the Fairy-type.

Clefairy cautiously stepped out from behind the rock and analyzed the young girl. This surprised Ashley; most people assumed that the species was timid in the wild. She wasn't anticipating this sort of behavior from the Fairy-type.

Clefairy suddenly hops away, surprising Ashley at first until she and her Machop decided to go after the Fairy-type. They arrive at another cave, where they find the huge core of the Moon Stone. A Clefable adds its stone to the ring at the base of the core, which completes the circuit. The large core surrounded by the smaller fragments begins to glow blue in the moonlight.

Dozens of Clefairy and Cleffa approach and begin to dance around the Moon Stone, praying to it. Suddenly, chips from the Moon Stone drift down from the sky and cause many of the Clefairy to evolve into Clefable and the Cleffa evolving into Clefairy.

Following the night's events, the Clefable hands Ashley a piece of the Moon Stone that it had took from the large evolutionary stone. She thanks the Clefable and puts the evolutionary stone in her backpack and starts zipping it back up.

The Clefable nodded its head in approval and told one of its kind to come here in it's native tongue. The Clefairy from before had walked over to its future trainer and stood by her side, ignoring Machop's glaring. It then turned around in the direction that Ashley was facing to acknowledge the Clefable.

Ashley handled one of the empty Poké Balls she had just detached from her belt. The Clefairy looked up at its elder for assurance. The Clefable nods its head of approval for the Clefairy.

Clefairy lightly tapped the Poké Ball's capture button. The Clefairy was cloaked in a red light, before being sucked into the confines of the Poké Ball. Just like her Metapod's capture, Clefairy didn't struggle at all.

The following night, Ashley and her Pokémon fell asleep together under the starry sky. But it wasn't long until Ashley and her Machop continued their journey to Cerulean City, the next morning.