A Shadow in Silk

Tw:  Implied Sexual Content

The night stretched longer than Chuuya had expected. His feet throbbed with aching arches sitting on the grimy curb. The heels he wore seeming too pristine for the seedy course of the sidewalks. The texture leaving its imprint on his skin, a reminder of its unfortunate embrace.

Clenching his fist, a scowl formeing after rejecting another unpromising offer, throwing the empty pack of cigarettes that laid in his hand to the side.
His eyes betraying the weariness that nestled within him.

Fingers drumming impatiently on his thigh, a restless rhythm. Choosing to use his free hand to tug at the straps of his dress; the sharp lines and reddish hues of his attire adorning his body.

His copper hair, a cascade of warmth in protest to the coldness of the city; rested on his shoulder.

The breeze left him in a stinging hold as it stung his nose, making his eyes water as it took in the street lights. Lighting the lifelessness of the sky, blotting out any real stars.

The distant buzz of traffic and occasional flickering of signs lit up anything worth seeing anyway.

Subtle traces of makeup graced the redhead's face, bringing out the cerulean in his eyes, red to his lip.

Despite his efforts, a suppressed grimace soured his features; he hated nights like this.

Saturated with minds consumed by lust and greed. The smell of gasoline swelled up the air; the sight of broken bottles littering the road as people scrambled to get home after a long night, and those still coming out for it.  Adding to the batch of small-timers seeking a quick fix. Forcing him to swallow at least some of his pride, a bitter compromise to make ends meet.

Returning back to the hotel, back to Ace..

Was seeming better, being compared to straying on the streets.

"Whether I like it or not..."

Whoever said there were plenty of fish in the sea were dead wrong.

——————————————————————

"You're just like the rumors said, Red. Glad to see you're back," Sighed an older man, a cigarette dangling in his mouth. Leaving a stale scent of smoke to linger in his graying hair.

"Yeah, real heartwarming," Chuuya replied, a dim glow of lamps shedding light on their faces; hair sticking to his skin.

Waiting for the man to stop fiddling with his wallet as he endured the unsettling compliments.

"Such a pretty face, better than most women even," chuckled the ladder, handing over the clean bills.

"Thanks for the compliments," Chuuya hummed, to at least humor him. He was paying a lot
so, it was the least the redhead could do.

Shifting off the bed, carefully counting the cash. He swiftly adjusted his clothes to himself, pulling his hair into a determined ponytail.

"Make sure to tell the others to request for Red, if they want to know what it feels like to be weightless!" Chuuya finished up his signature line with a wink. A strained, cringed smile on his face, but a smile nonetheless.

It was disgusting, but work was work, and money was money. Because in his industry, beggars can't be choosers. Finding that out the hard way, and a smile was his sharpest weapon.

Fumbling out to the lobby, Chuuya took a breath as he looked around the room. Noting the eager faces and bright eyes focused on him. He knew what they wanted, and he wasn't afraid to give it to them, but it still felt, wrenching. The thoughts gave him headaches. Assuming he had gotten used to it, the stares, and everything, but the feelings it left him with. Never completely went away.

Dancing with the elites was never easy, but not more than he signed up for.

Walking forward, he couldn't help but feel a little more than like meat on display.
——––
Peaking his way from the outstretch, the redhead strolled down the tree-lined streets, steadying himself against buildings nearby.

Too late for any passing pedestrians to be filtered through the narrow sidewalks. The smell of smoke clung to his skin, only compelling him home faster.  Each step feeling longer than the last.

"Tsk," Chuuya sighed, the pain being nothing more than a testament, to the aftermath of his last client.

"Of course the asshole went out of his way to be rougher... damn-"

"Red? It's been a while. If I didn't know any better I'd think you were ignoring me!"
A brunette man's smile greeted the back of Chuuya, The whites of his teeth showing. He reached over the rolled-down window of a tinted car, a silent plea for the other to get inside.

"I'm not accepting anymore clients for the night, so," a sultry tone threading his words, a half hearted apology that felt genuine to anyone else.
"If you'd excuse me-" Turning around, Chuuya faced a man with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.
A mop of ivory around his neck.

What a waste of bandages..

"Beat it, Dazai," Chuuya replied, eyes narrowing in protest of the offer, a scoff escaping his lips.
The memories of the earlier still leaving him with an

"I'm not taking anymore-"

"I'll pay more than the usual rate, convenience fee of course." A mocking smile plastered on his face. Unbothered by the smallers annoyance.

Basterd..

"No,"

"¥100,000?"

"No."

"¥150,000."

Jackpot

"Deal."

"Eh, my Chibi's so expensive~!"

At least the prices I set for you are.

"Tsk, as if you can't afford them! And it's Red, not Chibi!"

"This is highway robbery!" gasped the ladder, a hand over his head, feigning shock.

"Yeah okay, Dazai." Chuuya laughed, choosing to ignore the exhaustion that he could feel settling, in favor of his heels clicking on the concrete ground; fingers intertwining the brunettes free hand. Ignoring the exhaustion that ate at his bones.

At least everything will be covered, and then some..

As per usual , the hotels they frequented were by no means shabby — always high class. Dazai Osamu was a man with money to spare, and lots of it. Behind closed doors, no kisses were ever shared between the two. Instead having their bodies bare the sacrilege of each other's desires, lost within their entanglement.

Body being desecrated by the fire in the others teeth, hand burrowing into the garden of the others hair.

Drawing closer as their noses touched, a breath of air passing,

caught in the jaws of one another. Revealing vulnerable parts wrapped in the hostile embrace of predators. 

————————-