But before he could do that, I grabbed his hand, which was on the car. "Finn." I smiled at him. "No one has ever done anything like this for me."

"You're not mad?" He frowned.

"Far from it." I laughed. "Finn this is..." I looked at the car. "It's beautiful."

"Oh thank god." His hands flew to my face and grabbed the back of my neck. He pulled me closer and connected our lips in a kiss. "Don't ever scare me like that again." He pulled away. "I really thought I screwed up."

"Oh, Finn." I put my palm on his cheek. "Of course not." I gave him a sincere smile. "But we're going to have to talk about you spending so much money, especially on me."

"That's not going to happen, sunshine. Now," he pointed to the car, "ladies first."

"How did you even think of all this?" I slowly climbed into the car, onto the soft blankets and pillows, Finn close behind me.

"I was on the phone with Val who gave me the idea and Jeremy helped me pick out the food. I really hope he wasn't kidding because if he was I don't think we can get delivery out here." He laughed nervously.

"You're lucky I'm not picky when it comes to food. So I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Awesome." He breathed a sigh of relief. "So, here's the pizza." He pulled out two boxes from behind him. "There's dessert, and there's popcorn, candy, chips, and something to drink on the front seats. The laptop is charged, but in case it dies, I've got it covered. What else?" He looked around. "There's enough blankets to keep us warm, but I've been looking at the weather forecast and it's not supposed to be cold. And that should be it."

As I looked at him while he was saying everything, my heart was so full I thought it would burst. And I just wanted to cry a little. From joy and happiness, of course.

My god, I think I really love him.

"I think I'm going to explode." Lexi clutched her stomach. "Why did you let me eat the dessert? I won't even be able to stand up."

"If you wanted me to carry you, just say it, you don't have to blame the dessert." I laughed, standing by the trunk, waiting for her to climb out. "Come on, I'll help you." I reached out to her, grabbed her hands, and started pulling her towards me.

"I'm ready for a shower and bed." She swung her legs over the edge of the trunk, but remained seated. Neither of us let go of the other's hands.

"What?" I asked, seeing her dreamy look.

"Nothing, just..." She smiled. "Thank you for today, I really needed it."

"Anytime, sunshine." I leaned down and kissed the back of her hand. "But there's something I want to tell you." I pulled back and swallowed hard. Come on Finn, you can do it. "Lexi, I..."

"Do you hear that?" She jumped into my speech and suddenly stood up, letting go of my hands.

And just like that my chance was gone.