Almost Drowning in a Giant Bathtub

Start from the beginning

She just looked at him expectantly perturbed by being pulled aside like this. He sighed, knowing there was no good way to put this. "Piper. You know I love you like a sister, but you really need to grow up."

She paused, stuttering, "Excuse me?" "I know, it's an oversimplification, and it sound harsh, but hear me out, this has really been grating on me. I've noticed it a few times and it really is becoming an issue, or at least it could be in the future, which we can't risk right now."

"To be blunt Piper, you've changed. You've become braver and more confident, and I'm proud of you for it. I love seeing you like that, but that's not the only change I've noticed, and the others aren't so positive."

"You are incredibly powerful, and stronger than you give yourself credit for. That's why it bugs me so much, I think you've fallen into something that might be bad for you." "What are you talking about, who are you to judge me?"

"Your friend. Also, to be clear, I'm not making any judgements, I just want you to be aware, because I know it can be an issue, even for me, and I'm not even close to your level when it comes to being closely tied to Aphrodite."

"So this is about some Aphrodite issue?" She frowned, "Yes and no. It's a common pitfall for Aphrodite campers-" "Don't lump me in with the other Aphrodite campers, I'm not some lovesick girly girl."

"Watch your tone." He said with a frown. "There is nothing wrong with the way people express themselves, girly girls or otherwise. That's not what I'm talking about. I wanted to speak to you about Jason."

"What about him." "Nothing personally, I also want to preface this by saying that I am not saying anything about your relationship, or anything like that, I wish you both the best. But I think sometimes you may take it a little too far."

"You seem kind of lovesick Piper, which is in no way a bad thing, but I don't want that to blind you in any way when it comes to this mission-" "And you're one to talk, you've barely left Annabeth's side for a minute!" She countered.

"I know. I'm the exact same Piper, which is why I understand. It's why I'm having this conversation with you. I know that people with Aphrodite's blood can be blinded by love, it blinds me too. I am trying to get better at it not letting it, and I just wanted you to be aware of the potential issue."

"I wanted to talk to you for a while. So, we could just chat it out and so you know that I am here for you, if you are ever worrying about any of this. I will always be here to help you. Not just with this, with anything."

"I don't need your help, there's nothing wrong with any of this! Do you have any idea how patronizing this is" She shouted. He paused, he hadn't, he didn't think of it like that, maybe he should have.

He nodded, "Okay, you're right, I'm sorry, It was from a place of care, but you are right. I may have overstepped my bounds there, I apologise. Subject dropped." He said as she glared at him. "Why can't you just mind your own business?" She seethed.

"Truthfully. I don't know, it always comes back to bite me in the end. But I can never stop myself, and less of the mean mugging please. Everyone already thinks I'm the bad guy on this ship, so I don't care if you hate me, I just want you to be happy and safe."

"Which leads us to my second point." He sighed, the bad guy part of him speaking before he could think. "If you charmspeak one of my friends without them knowing with no good reason again, even if you think it's for the best. I'm going to slap the taste out of your mouth." He said, trembling with anger as he thought about it.

"Threatening me with physical violence, real mature. You're how many years older than me?" She seethed. "Yeah, not my proudest moment, but this talk was much better than the alternative, a while ago I planned to have this conversation with you during a midnight knife fight."