Facing the Cold Hard Facts

(Y/N)'s POV

This was starting to become a habit, running off into the snow to chase an enemy and leaving his friends behind. But he was right this time, he could feel it in his bones. When he saw the point at which the snowstorm was strongest, he was certain.

"Khione. Stop this" He urged. The storm let up just a little, and a small part of him thought he might have been talking to nothing, until she appeared in a flurry of snow. Smiling broadly at him.

"Oh you have come to find me, how...exciting." She said with a creepy look in her eye. (Y/N) really wished he had been wrong, but the goddess was right in front of him, flashing him a dangerous look. Muttering something in a soothing french accent.

(Y/N) suddenly regretted having Aphrodite's genes, as he knew exactly what those words meant, but didn't have the innate ability to understand french, demigods powers were a toss up between the two apparently.

"How did you figure me out?" He frowned and although he despised monologuing, he was pretty proud of himself for figuring it out, so he told her, "I wondered how you and your brothers knew who I was, how you saw through the mist."

She seemed to catch on, smiling widely at being caught. "But you didn't, did you, Circe just told you I was coming." "Très bien" She slow clapped, "So smart, I'm glad I chose you." She said, "Chose me-" before he could ask for what, she had her hand around his neck.

He registered the cold before he did the impact of her hand, he could already see his breath, but as soon as they made contact he felt like he just got the worlds worst brain freeze. "For my collection. Oh you shall be my pride and joy" She whispered.

All he could think, between chattering teeth and complaints about the temperature, was "Bad touch. Bad touch!" He tried to kick her away, but she was stuck to him, like some idiot kid sticking their tongue to a light pole during winter.

"Well done. Hold him." Said Circe's voice behind him, and he could only sigh again, why didn't he just stick with the others? Why didn't he just stick with the others for once! Circe patted his cheek. "Hello dear. Miss me?"

"Apparently!" He choked out. She sighed, "It was a very smart trick. You got lucky, not this time (Y/N)" She warned, "This time, she will rise, and you're going to free me before he does." (Y/N) looked at Khione, "You're just letting her do this."

"Oh, yes, Mon Amour. That is the benefit of my magic, you see, I don't actually need you alive to have you as mine. Circe has made me an excellent deal. I keep your body, she keeps the rest of you."

"Speaking of which." Circe said, tracing the brand on his forearm, "Hold him." And then, her claws dug into it, blood poured down his arm and (Y/N) felt like he was falling apart, the last thing he remembered hearing was Khione saying "Oh, I don't intend to ever let him go..."

Annabeth's POV

As the dream passed her by, memories resurfaced of (Y/N) telling her abut what she saw before her, this whole experience was like a mix of reality and dream. They were her memories, but not how she saw them, closer to the truth.

"Chiron was going up to Olympus for a meeting, I begged him to go, pleaded on my knees, but part of me thinks he was on to me, he knew why I wanted to go. So, when he said no, I took it into my own hands."

This wasn't the (Y/N) she knew. Just seeing him like this made her stomach lurch, he was young, around ten or eleven, but he looked younger, she couldn't recognise him, there was a resemblance of course, but  to think that the kid in front of her was (Y/N). It scared her.

(Y/N) barely talked about his past, if she ever brought it up, he would divert the topic, or make a joke, or just tell her vague information, now she knew why, looking at him like this, she wasn't surprised he wouldn't want to talk about it.