Breaking Stereotypes of Greek Demigods

(Y/N)'s POV

Walking out the building with the potion clutched in his hands was all too easy, although he had a million more questions, he wanted to leave there fast. As he looked back at the old seer, he wanted to thank him for everything, for the confirmation.

But the old man had lied to them, tricked them in a sense, just to get a one to one with (Y/N), and he didn't think a cure that shouldn't have existed was payment enough for that.

He had given (Y/N) hope, only for it to be stripped away, now (Y/N) felt just as lost as he did back then, when his mother disappeared before his eyes, scattered to the wind.

He felt helpless again. Three steps behind when it came to protecting the people he loved. Even Annabeth, he couldn't do anything to help her, like he couldn't do anything to protect his mother.

His mother had died because she didn't trust anyone but herself to protect the world, thoughts invaded (Y/N)'s mind, that he was too weak to help, that she suffered that burden because of him.

In truth, it took him a few seconds to steel himself so that he didn't cry out of sheer frustration, if Zoe and Percy weren't with him, he was sure he would have broken down on the spot. He just felt. Empty.

He wasn't chasing after his mother anymore, he was just being led along like some puppet. It felt as though he was being robbed of all agency, that everything he thought that he wanted. His revenge, his answers, weren't his.

Eventually, the numbness in him turned to vented frustration. That in turn became anger. He lashed out the moment they found themselves on the street, stupidly, he turned and punched the brick wall that made the front of Melampus' house.

Even as his hand went 'crack' and pain shot through his arm, he found it hard to care. Misunderstanding his actions, Zoe pulled him away, leading him to a nearby café where she bandaged his hand with their first aid kit.

He could already feel his hand begin to swell as they thanked the proprietor for their help and sat down. (Y/N) looked across the river Tiber, half expecting to see the two roman gods driving by, enjoying life.

He tried not to linger on that thought, comfortable with the silence until he saw Zoe bowing her head. "(Y/N), I am sorry, I wanted to find answers for Hazel and for you, I know that Nico's disappearance weighs heavily on you."

(Y/N) wanted to tell her to be quiet, to not bring up another failure of his right now, but he couldn't find his voice, fearing that he might begin sobbing. "Melampus is a seer and a friend, I trusted him to be straight with us."

"I am sorry for wasting your time, and Percy, I am sorry too, for putting you both in danger for nothing." (Y/N) looked up at her, noticing she wasn't using old timey or fancy words, she wanted her apology to be clearly sincere and in no way misunderstood.

"It is my fault-" "Zoe don't talk like that-" Percy protested, only for her to cut him off, "No, it is! I was too caught up in the past, sometimes I forget how long it has been since I have seen these people, and that time changes us all."

"My lady warned me of this, the day I was reborn. It is my fatal flaw, I am so caught up in the lives of the past, sometimes it blinds me to the future. I am 'set in my ways' as they say" (Y/N) finally found a few words. "Thank you for leading me to the seer."

Placing his hand on her shoulder, he said, "It's okay Zoe. Nico will be fine, he's a tough kid. If anything, you did me a favor." Her brows furrowed, "Did you a favor? What was that?" (Y/N) sighed, trying to calm himself.

He didn't believe the words, even as he was saying them, but he wanted to comfort her. "In a way, you helped set me free. Now I'm not going to be chasing after old ghosts. Plus. You just confirmed a theory of mine."