The Battle of The Wet Pajamas

(Y/N)'s POV

He knew something was wrong when he went to sleep that night, but he couldn't really figure out what his was until his dreams began to contort, like someone was interrupting the regularly scheduled programming.

He first dreamed of his mother's voice, some time in the past, she frowned at him when he didn't knew the answer to her question, "Listen to me, you don't have much time." He quickly shut up and tried to listen, but his dreams were wrong, somehow, he knew they were wrong.

Two things were pulling at him, this wasn't the dream he was meant to be having either, but he couldn't stop it. She put her hands on either side of my face and smiled at him, but he only focused on her words.

She was staring into his eyes, repeating the old words. "You aren't alone (Y/N). The world hasn't fallen to Nyx yet, the others will fight with you if you let them. I know you're scared. But just remember to follow your heart when the time comes, it'll lead you back, the rest is up to you."

She urged him to stay in the dream by shaking his shoulders, "Kronos is just the beginning. You need to-" Just when she went to explain, she was cut off, just like in the past, though this time it wasn't by his bad memory, but by a nightmare. For the first time in a long time, (Y/N)'s dreams weren't happy.

The interference with his cousins carefully crafted dream was made clear by a distorting of the color around him followed by heaviness in his chest. He had been waiting for this, and he was certain that his peace was drawing to a close when his dreams contorted.

The smell was the first sense that came to him, the distinct scent of blood, and scorched wood, ashes, hitting his nose. What came next was the sound of clashing metal, and the shouts he associated with battle.

Screams of pain, and the crackling of fire followed after it. Only shortly afterward joined by a sick, maniacal  laughter that held a tone of superiority that he would know anywhere, even in a dream.

But as his eyes finally caught up, it was so much worse than he could have imagined, in the dark of the night, on the open sea, corpses littering the deck like discarded toys, it was the realism of it all that made him understand.

He realized this wasn't a dream at all, because Circe was staring right at him, as the Queen Anne's Revenge went up in flames around her. A crew of pirates all trying to fight her. That one second of connection meant he was supposed to be here, to witness this.

By the time (Y/N) was able to focus on the fighting around him, Circe was already tearing through them. She held no weapon, but her magic was strong enough to decimate the larger numbers her enemies held.

She stood still, only a couple of ghosts surrounding her, but they were dark, almost pitch black, hard to see even in the night. She herself was using her long claws to cut down any pirate that made it through the ghosts and to her.

(Y/N)'s eyes scanned the crowd of pirates until he saw the captain of this vessel, Blackbeard, sword interlocked with the ghost of an old naval officer who looked very fearsome in his own right.

Blackbeard roared. "Maynard. Not this time you wretch!" The navy man pulled out a pistol and shot, but Blackbeard drew faster and put a bullet of his own through the man's eye. Making Maynard's spirit crumple to the floor.

Circe only saw this as a minor inconvenience "Shame. I always struggle bringing them back twice. He took so long for me to find too" She sighed, before frowning at Blackbeard and backhanding him so hard he flew across the deck and smashed his head hard against the mast of his ship.

"Enough games. Time for a mutiny boys!" She declared, (Y/N) watched her spread out her arms and pull her magic forth from the floor, in a sickening moment, (Y/N) knew that the ash he saw around her wasn't just from the fire around them.