Refreshing More Than Just Memories

(Y/N)'s POV

With everything going on right now, and all these things to deal with, (Y/N) needed time to think, even as the nurses dressed his wounds and the doctors checked him over, he was mainly focused on that one task.

He was sick of being kept in the dark, sick of feeling like he was just dropped into the world one day and expected to deal with it. There were huge parts of his life missing, and he was intent on finding them again.

This was his only respite from the craziness, his only chance to sort out his own mind before heading out into the world to complete whatever sort of quest he had been sent on, so he had to use it wisely.

The witch had messed with his head, and not just in the normal sense, no, she had literally been messing with his head, his memories, making some memories more prominent, and others fade away.

Because of her, he didn't know the person staring back at him in the mirror, he had lost any recollection of several years of his life, he spoke with jumbled up terms, both Roman and Greek, and both made sense to him, yet both confused him. The witch had done it.

Now he was out of her reach for a time, he would have to pick up the pieces before he was too far gone, and to do that, he would have to start from the beginning. The start of it all, the hellish day he first woke up.

He laid in a hospital bed, which already made him feel a little bit ill, not that he was sick, it just hurt his heart a little. But he closed his eyes and tried to remember everything he had felt, everything he had seen that might help.

He had a hard time telling what was the truth and what was fiction, but he slowly recounted all his experiences. Fake or not, he tried to retrace his steps through his own mind.

He sat and wondered about everything he had experienced so far, was it all a lie? Or was none of it. The first thing he remembered was hitting the ground running, and them behind him. He tried to focus on his surroundings, but they were nonsensical.

Vast open plains of black rock and a dark, bleak tint to the world, cliffs of sharp rocks and rivers flowing so fast they would swallow him if he failed to cross them correctly. The underworld. His instincts told him.

But even in that place, there were gaps in his memory, both before and after, he had no memory of freeing himself from the underworld, of acquiring weapons or his shoes, and only vaguely remembered his encounters with the wolves.

There was a memory that remined clear in the fog of his mind though, like it stuck out, because there was someone there, even when he was in pain, struggling for breath he could feel her there, even without seeing her.

He tried to focus on the person who had helped him, behind the witch, giving her pause, it as a voice that both of them had recognized, as he tried to focus on the figure behind the witch, a name found it's way to his lips, and tugged on his mouth so he was smiling as he said "Annabeth."

That name seemed to make his memories shuffle about a little bringing things into focus that weren't there before, and he remembered more details about that moment, he remembered the witch glaring at him with golden eyes and hating it.

But something else, that was much more important. That wasn't his first memory. His first clear one perhaps, but delving deeper, he found it.

Jason's POV

Jason didn't want to leave Leo, but he was starting to think that hanging out with Cal the hockey jock might be the least dangerous option in this place. As they climbed the icy staircase, Zethes stayed behind them, his blade drawn.

The guy might've looked like a disco-era reject, but there was nothing funny about his sword. Jason figured one hit from that thing would probably turn him into a Popsicle. Then there was the ice princess.