30- The Roots

‼️FILLER CHAPTER‼️

3 months later...

A'ishas POV
I've been juggling between Abuja and Lagos for work, I was also overseeing the progress of the women's center in Jabi, I had recently gotten a place. Jamal, always supportive, extended his companionship beyond financial advice. However, I gently turned down his advances, explaining that I needed time after my recent breakup, and our personalities didn't quite align. He was too playful and goofy and that wasn't a bad thing but it could become too much for me.

Today, my agenda involves checking the construction site's developments. Later, at 4 pm, I'm scheduled to catch a flight to Jos for a break. The visit includes spending time with my grandfather and some of my mom's family members. Joining me on this journey are Ya Fahd and his wife, Hauwa, who is two months pregnant.

As I approached the construction site in Jabi, a mix of excitement and nervousness filled me. The center was more than just a building; it represented a dream, a vision for empowering women in various aspects of life. Jamal had been instrumental in guiding me through the intricacies of investments and business planning.

The workers on site greeted me warmly as I walked around, inspecting the progress. The walls were taking shape, and the rooms were gradually coming together. The sense of accomplishment and anticipation for the future surged within me.

Later, at the airport, I joined Ya Fahd and Hauwa. Ya Fahd was scrolling through his phone, and Hauwa, with a gentle glow, smiled at me.

"Excited about the trip?" Hauwa asked, her hand gently resting on her growing belly.

"Absolutely. It's a much-needed break," I replied, trying to push aside thoughts of the past and focus on the journey ahead.

The flight to Jos was uneventful, and upon landing, we headed to my grandfathers house a  warm and welcoming home. The familiar surroundings brought a sense of comfort, and I looked forward to reconnecting with family.

The next morning, Hauwa and I ventured out to Tin City Café for breakfast, eager to explore what culinary delights Jos had to offer. As we placed our orders, our conversation drifted to various topics, fostering a deeper bond between us.

"How's the pregnancy treating you?" I asked, offering a warm smile.

"It's okay, but I find myself constantly irritable," Hauwa confessed.

"Oh, my friend Hannan is entering her third trimester, and she's practically irritated by everything. Allah ya sauke ku lafiya," I wished.

"Thank you, amin. I can't wait for you to experience pregnancy," Hauwa teased.

"That's not very likely," I responded with a playful tone.

"Come on. You'll find love again, in shaa Allah. I wouldn't be surprised if Baba decides to play matchmaker soon. Hopefully, it turns out like those Wattpad books or Indian stories, and you end up falling for the person," she said, causing both of us to burst into laughter at the absurdity of the notion.

"Funny enough, I used to feel like my life was a romance novel back when we used to talk," I admitted.

"You'll see," Hauwa winked, and I playfully rolled my eyes, appreciating the lightheartedness she brought to our conversation.

Ya Fahd joined us at the café, and after a delightful breakfast, we decided to visit our mother's farm. The journey was filled with laughter and camaraderie as we reminisced about our childhood and shared stories. Upon arriving, our uncle regaled us with tales of our late grandmother, and we indulged in the simple pleasure of roasted corn.