50: Once and for all

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"How is he, doctor?" Wangji was gestured to follow inside the cabin he did and was utterly disappointed at the words spoken by the two doctors.

"We are trying our best to know, but his body seems alright, showing no reason for the bleeding and his condition." The doctor with glasses said, looking quite uncomfortable with the case.

"Exactly. In my 15 years of experience, I've never seen such a case. His vitals are disturbed, and his body looks strained, but there are no results on the medical reports as predicted."

"As if... it's hidden. Because our machines are fine, working perfectly with other patients." Noticing the look on Wangji's face, the doctor tried to console him. "But don't worry, he looks better now, it's just, that we can't seem to find the root cause of his condition, which is necessary. Otherwise, he is safe."

Nodding lightly to make sure that he heard them right and clear, he took the reports and left the cabin after some instructions from the doctors. It wasn't a surprise to him, lowkey, he was aware that the spell held such effects on Taehyung's body, and it was masking his inside very well, just as written in the records of the producer of the spell.

The corridor looked narrowed to him, suffocating his chest, and it was just adding to his distress. With a hesitation-filled gaze, he glanced at the glass of the room where Taehyung was sleeping with an IV attached to his left hand and went inside after the nurse permitted him.

The pale skin of the younger made him bite his lips in agony, burning his heart slowly but harshly because he felt his hands bound, too restricted to help the person he admired a lot.

Once the nurse left the room after removing Taehyung's IV which was empty now, he trudged to the bed where his hands itched to touch the soft hair falling on the forehead of the male. And he did... he gave a feather-like touch to move the fading blue strand so gently.

"I'm sorry, Tae. I'm really sorry." Biting his lips harshly when his eyes burned after getting no response from the outcold human, Wangji let his body fall on the floor, now having a gentle grip on Taehyung's right hand.

The wetting of his cheeks didn't make him uncomfortable when a warm hand was on his own, indicating that Taehyung caught a fever from excessive bleeding that added more to his agony and conflict.

Kneeling there for some minutes with Taehyung's hand still in his grip, he pondered over many things, trying hard to take out a solution to it all without much loss, but every possibility made him feel dejected in the end.

Even after knowing the end result of one possibility that could help in reducing Taehyung's pain, he gave in to the temptation to see that boxy smile with radiant skin back soon.

Giving a thorough glance around the hospital room, he took a deep breath when nothing was found to be the witness of what was coming, and got up to sit on the bed beside Taehyung's body before placing his hand over the abdomen of the latter.

••••••○○••••••

Jungkook had all of his trusted ones beside him except for Yoongi and Jackson, who went to look for Taehyung after a lot of effort to stop him because they believed he should stay in the pack. Right now, they were looking all tense when he shared about the previous events.