44: Naive

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The night had fallen even before any of them could feel it. The turns from morning to noon and the depressing evening left all of them too struck to notice anything else.

They all heard what Taehyung said inside the pack house, all that he said about their previous Luna. It was still very traumatizing to witness how that fragile body withered on the cold floor before losing the fight. The sight haunted them when the blood just continued staining his pants, turning it into a pattern that made them rethink their suspicions.

No lie, they did feel betrayed when Taehyung came back to the pack littered with that exotic scent that even masked his own. As a Luna, they expected a lot from him and gave him some time because it was all new to him. But when he was told to stay inside the pack, he decided to leave to mock Jungkook only to be back looking innocent.

"Is he awake?" Jimin asked for the nth time from the omega who was standing outside the room where an elder was checking Taehyung's condition in the past hours.

Getting a negative reply, he just walked away to his small home to find solace in the arms of his mate but was slightly taken aback after seeing Namjin and Jackson already sitting in their small living room, looking all bothered.

"Did he wake up?" Yoongi took him in his embrace when he rushed to him, with his scent already giving off the answer clearly.

Jin sighed, leaning back on the couch. "Everything seems so complicated now. Taehyung... he looked so wronged."

Pulling away from the warm arms, Jimin went to the older alpha, nodding in agreement. "Right! He said about Luna doing something to his body, and I know there is no such medical reason for him to bleed down there. On top of that, that stupid Jungkook is not letting any of us see him."

Yoongi made him sit on the empty sofa, joining him after. They all knew that Jimin was trained by the same elder to learn about all the major medical problems. Being a quick learner, he did well and was found to be the next expert in the pack. When he noticed Taehyung's pulse, the movement he fainted, he felt something really odd because it was very confusing. There was no explanation for his condition.

"I feel so horrible for avoiding him all this time." Jackson gave him a look to explain.

Hanging his head low, the beta sucked a deep breath, looking really regretful now recalling those sad eyes directed at him. "I thought he really was deceiving their pack and Jungkook, the person who even stood firm for him in front of his only family and did something no alpha did before." Smiling sadly at that, he bit his lips when Yoongi caressed his back. "But I forgot, how much effort he is putting to fit here, hyung. Today... today, I feel like I failed his friendship."

Seeing tears in his eyes, Yoongi was quick to engulf him in his assuring embrace again. "Hyung... we were blaming him for smelling like someone else," Pulling away, he looked at all of them with a pointed look. "Scenting works only on skin, not on blood."

As if all of them were struck with lightning when he continued. "His blood... even his blood was not smelling like him, hyung! His own scent is not here, and it's not normal. His body is really going through something different. That's why we couldn't feel his pain or emotions." Hiccups left his lips when he lost it.