Tipsy Turmoil

Noah returned, his expression carrying a hint of confusion at finding Eric and me engaged in a conversation. His demeanor, however, remained cool and composed. He introduced himself to Eric, exuding the same ease and warmth that defined his personality.

Noah, though just as tall as Eric, maybe a few inches shorter, had a youthful appearance, his frame leaner and more slender, did not shrink in Eric's presence unlike me everytime.

As they exchanged pleasantries, I, driven by the alcohol-induced courage, couldn't resist being unfiltered. "Noah, can you believe this lounge belongs to Eric's friend? Crazy, right?" I blurted out, a tipsy smile on my face.

Noah, always the diplomatic conversationalist, smiled at Eric. "Great place, man. As soon as we saw it from outside, we decided to check this place out."

Eric acknowledged Noah's compliment with a nod. "I'm sure the owner would be happy to hear that." he responded in his usual composed manner.

This time Eric didn't acknowledge the owner as his friend. What was he doing here then?

After some small talk, Eric's gaze shifted between Noah and me, a calculated expression on his face. "I'm assuming you're taking her home?" he inquired, his tone carrying a subtle undertone of authority.

Noah, always at ease, flashed a casual smile. "Oh, no worries. We're practically neighbors. I'll make sure she gets home safely."

As Eric nodded in acknowledgment, a fleeting tension lingered in the air.

Just then, a new figure emerged – the owner of the Lumina Lounge, apparently. An attractive black man with a tidy buzz cut, exuded confidence and charisma. His tailored suit and easy smile suggested a man who means business.

Joining our small group with a wide smile, he introduced himself to Noah with a firm handshake

Joining our small group with a wide smile, he introduced himself to Noah with a firm handshake. "Connor," he said, "pleasure to meet you. I own this joint. Hope you're enjoying the vibes."

Noah grinned, "Absolutely, it's a fantastic place you got here."

Connor then turned to me, his eyes reflecting genuine interest. "And you, my dear, how do you find our humble abode?"

I, fueled by a mix of alcohol and newfound camaraderie, responded with a playful twinkle in my eye. "Well, your humble abode is quite the surprise package, Connor. Never expected to find myself in a place like this."

He chuckled, "Life is full of surprises, isn't it? Now, Eric, you never told me you had friends here. Always took you as the boring type. "

I left out an uncontrolled giggle and glanced at Eric, who, true to his nature, kept his responses brief. "Professional acquaintance. We've crossed paths."

Connor, undeterred by the brevity, leaned in with a conspiratorial smile. "Professional acquaintance, huh? Those are the best kinds of acquaintances – full of mysteries."