Chapter 9: Memories

Jimin in one moment was seeing the child's bedroom and in the next second memories, stormed his mind one after another.

Everything was a nightmare. Everything seemed like a dream...

But when he was waking up... he didn't remember anything. Except fear.

Fear in each of his blood cells.

Even when an orange haired man was approaching him slowly. Even when he was smiling at him. Even when he was offering him food.

He was screaming when he was picking him up. But he was usually taking him to one of the rooms, leaving him there and taking care of his own business. At first Jimin was hiding behind anything he found. Couch. Wardrobe. Desk.

But when the men hadn't tried to come closer he was getting used to his presence... His voice talking through the phone... or with the other black haired man.

After some weeks like that he slowly started to peek out from his hideouts to observe him.

Sometimes the men were turning on the music and humming to it... Or the TV with children animation and Jimin was tempted to sit and watch it...

He woke up from the nightmare. With fangs. Blood... Whispers...

He didn't remember the images, but the fear was always there.

The room he was in was colorful... The night table lamp was turned on.

He sat on the bed, cuddling a soft toy. The lightning struck outside and he jumped out of the bed and crouched down on the floor covering his head with his arms.

But there was a sound... a quiet breathing, which made him peak out from above his little fingers.

The black haired man was sleeping on the huge armchair.

Jimin looked at the heavy rain behind the glass and the next thunder made him make a few panicked steps towards the armchair.

He felt cold in his tiny pajamas... and the bed was so close to the window...

He slowly approached the sleeping man and looked at him suspiciously. Squeezing his plushie he poked the guy's knee with his finger.

He was glaring at him for some more time, but when the other didn't react, he poked him a few more times.

Satisfied with no reaction he carefully climbed on the armchair next to him. He was tense, but a bit warmer now. And next thunder made him scoot closer to the men.

His little head rested on his lap soon after the little boy fell asleep.

Of course he couldn't know that vampires... usually don't sleep at night.

Especially this heavily.

Hoseok stood in the doors to his bedroom. He crouched down in it, looking at him, while he was playing with colorful blocks alone.

'Can I play with you?'

He stopped playing, looking down.

'Maybe you are hungry? We can see what is in the kitchen...' Hoseok tempted.

He looked at him.

'And maybe we'll find something sweet too...' he stretched his hand.

Jimin was looking at his hand for a long time.

Finally he slowly moved. Hoseok stood up. And gently took a little hand in his.