Merry Christmas?

Magsimula sa umpisa

Scarlett hit his arm.

He glared at her then looked at me, "I'm letting you know that gift card is just a bride so you don't tell anyone about these fucking pajamas."

"Dinner is served." Beau, the Santoro's butler of like 36 years, looked up the stairs at us. "Please inform Angelina. I will retrieve Wolf."

"You can just go sit down, Beau." Mrs. Santoro came into the foyer, "Well get down here kiddos!"

Scarlett looked at me and started down the stairs.

Obviously, I followed after her.

We walked through the foyer. Then the hallway past their movie room. Around the corner through their breakfast nook. And finally into the grand dining hall.

I'm just kidding. It's just an oversized dining room they never actually use.

Once everyone was settled, I was in between Wolf and Scarlett. Angie was directly across from me, Beau on her left and Mrs. Santoro on the right. Mr Santoro sat at the head of the table. And Chip sat on the other side.

Gordon finally stood up and cleared his throat, looking around the table, "So we usually open presents in the morning but, that one is on me." He smiled, "Merry Christmas to my wonderful family. God, I thank you for this meal. Diane," He looked at his wife, "I thank you for being patient with me." He looked back at his kids, "And I love you guys. Natalie included." He smiled at me.

I am going to cry. Again. Not only because he actually cares about his kids but also because he included me. So did Chip. I know that was hard for him especially.

When Gordon sat down, we all started to eat.

"This ham is amazing, Mrs. Santoro." I would choose to eat this for the rest of my life.

She smiled at me, "Scarlett helped."

I raised my eyebrows and turned to my girlfriend.

She was beet red. "You know the cheer thing I have coming up out of town, Dad?" Smooth, Scarlett.

He nodded once, "Minneapolis."

"Nationals, Dad."

We also have nationals coming up soon. In a few weeks. Regionals are four games. January 3rd, 5th, 9th, and 11th. Sectionals are two games. January 17th and 19th. If we make it to nationals, it's on February 2nd.

"Natalie." Scarlett squeezed my leg. Then I realized I zoned out. "What does your hockey schedule look like?'

I smiled knowing that's exactly what I was thinking about. "Regionals start next Wednesday. There's four games."

Chip grumbled. Because his team didn't make it to regionals. Must suck.

"You think you're making it past those?" Gordon smiled a playful smirk at me, "The other teams are pretty good this year."

"We're undefeated, Mr S."

He rolled his eyes, "Cocky."

Diane asked Angelina a question. And the conversation about Stanley cups turned into a political debate turned into an argument turned into clearing the table.

I helped Scarlett load the dishwasher and we were finally all settled in the family room.

And boy, were there a mountain of presents.

I sat on the floor next to the fireplace.

And Wolf immediately sat in my lap.

"First one goes to..." Angelina squinted at the handwriting. "Oh it's from Chip. Dad." She handed Gordon a gold wrapped box.