7

Leo's plan was shit.

Leo's idea of a plan was to make Jace look 'hot'. And Jace had really started to doubt what the guy thought was attractive. Leo summoned some breath mints and a pair of welding goggles from his tool belt. The goggles were a piece Jace would never wear and if Leo tried to put them on him, he would kill the guy.

Leo pushed the breath mints into his hand and forced him to eat them (why Jace didn't know). Jace cringed at the minty taste but finished the piece despite how bad it tasted. Leo also pulled out a pair of scissors and before Jace could stop him, he cut off the sleeves of Jace's camp Half-blood shirt.

"Hey!"

"Shhh." Leo shushed him.

"Shh." Echo echoed.

Leo rolled up the sleeves of his own shirt and pulled out machine oil. He slicked back his own hair before ruffling Jace's hair with it. It smelled terrible. Like, really bad. And now Jace's hair was oily, greasy and even more messed up than it was before. Leo pulled him down to stand on his knees before styling his hair.

Jace didn't like having the kid's hands in his hair (he did) and he wanted Leo to stop immediately (he didn't). Leo also cut a slice of Jace's shirt off from the bottom to reveal his abdomen. Why? Jace didn't know what was going through Leo's mind— and he didn't want to know. But he didn't like where this was going.

"Voilà," Leo said once he finished styling Jace's hair. "Now you look like one of those good lookin' athletes with damp hair, if only your hair was longer tho..." Jace didn't like the description of 'good looking athletes with damp hair', it was way too vague for him to feel comfortable in it.

Leo called Hazel over and handed her a sharpie and had her draw a tattoo on Jace's biceps with a marker: HOT STUFF, with a skull and crossbones.

"What in the world are you thinking?" She sounded pretty flustered.

"I try not to think," Leo admitted. "It interferes with being nuts. Just concentrate on moving that Celestial bronze. Echo, you ready?"

"Ready," she said.

"I'm not ready! What the hell am I supposed to do?" Jace asked once Hazel had taken the sharpie away from his bicep. If the marker didn't wash off he was about to kill both of them. Painfully. Leo took a deep breath.

"You have to distract the Nymphs and Narcissus with me and Echo," He explained. "Okay? Good." Leo started walking away before Jace could even respond.

Leo strutted back toward the pond with Jace right behind and Echo somewhere around. "Jace is the coolest!" he shouted.

"Jace is the coolest!" Echo shouted back.

"Yeah, baby, check me out!" Leo yelled with a lower voice, trying to imitate Jace's voice.

"Check me out!" Echo said.

"Make way for the king!"

"The king!"

"Narcissus is weak!"

"Weak!"

The crowd of nymphs scattered in surprise. Leo shooed them away as if he was a bodyguard and they were bothering Jace.

"No autographs, girls. I know you want some Jace time, but he's way too cool. You better just hang around that ugly dweeb Narcissus. He's lame!"

"Lame!" Echo said with enthusiasm.

The nymphs muttered angrily. "What are you talking about?" one demanded.

"You're lame," said another. Leo adjusted his goggles and smiled.