5

Jace couldn't help but wince at the feeling in his arm.

He tried his best to ignore it by holding his other hand on top of it. It wasn't much help.

When he could finally focus on something other than the tingling in his arm, he listened to what Piper was saying. He didn't even notice that Jason had sat down next to him and was looking at him.

"Is that normal?" Piper asked. Then she realized she had spoken into silence and everyone was looking at her. "I mean...does she breathe out green smoke often?..or is this like a special occasion?"

"Gods you,re dense!" Drew sneered. "She just issued a prophecy–Jason's prophecy to save Hera! Why don't you just–"

"Drew," Annabeth snapped. "Piper asked a fair question. Something about that prophecy was not right. If breaking Hera's cage unleashes her rage and causes a shit load of death...why would we free her? It may be a trap or—or maybe Hera will turn on her rescuers, she's never been kind to heroes, and especially sons of Zeus."

She didn't say anything about the treason part. Didn't she hear it?

Jason stood up from next to Jace which finally made him realize the guy had been sitting next to him. "I don't have much choice. Hera took my memory. I want it back. Besides, we can't just not help the queen of the heavens if she needs help."

Jace didn't really like how Jason had made a good point, but he had and Jace couldn't say anything about it. Why did other people have to actually be smart? Why couldn't everyone on earth just be an idiot, expect him of course.

A girl from the Hephaestus cabin roze–Nyssa. "Maybe. But you should listen to Annabeth. Hera can be vengeful. She threw her own son down a mountain just because he was ugly."

Some of her own campers voiced their opinions about Hera and let Jace tell you, they weren't all that nice.

"Really ugly" A boy from the Aphrodite cabin snickered, everyone knew they were talking about Hephaestus without his name being said and honestly, that was kinda a fucked up thing to say and he was sure if the gods hadn't gone completely silent the boy would have experienced some godly power against him.

"Shut up!" Nyssa growled (Go Nyssa!). "Anyway, we've also got to think—why beware the earth? And what's the giants' revenge? What are we dealing with?" No one answered.

Annabeth took a deep breath. "It's Jason's choice. Obviously he's the child of lighting. According to tradition he may choose two other companion's, but with the prophecy mentioning four people, he can choose one more—".

Jace was ready to hear everyone complaining about a fourth quest member but before anyone could, Annie cut them off. "And I don't want anyone saying anything about it."

Someone from the Hermes cabin yelled: "Well, you obviously Annabeth. You've got the most experience." Jace knew that was true but still, he was pretty sure Annabeth wouldn't need to 'find reason' or whatever that meant.

"No, Travis," Annabeth closed off his suggestion. "First off, I'm not helping Hera with anything. Forget it. And secondly, i have to keep looking for Percy" Jace knew that was true and he heard Travis call out a quiet apology before sitting back down.

"It's connected," Piper blurted out. "You know that's true, don't you? This whole thing, your best friend disappearing—it's gotta be connected."

She was smarter than she looked, Jace could admit that. Maybe everything was connected indeed, or maybe Percy just got enough of the gods and their shit so he ran away.

Drew responded back, in an overly bitchy way that threw most campers off. "How? If you're so smart, tell us, how?" The pretty girl tried forming an answer but seemingly couldn't think of one.