25

Jace never thought he'd be jealous of Hedge but— it happened.

Phoebe had warmed up to Hedge pretty quickly with how he knew healing way better than Jace did. It still hurt when Piper and Hedge were allowed inside the tent she'd set up and he wasn't— also when Leo laughed at his condition, that hurt too. It's not fun to have your ears freezing off because of snow.

Jace was let into the tent now that Thalia was around. At least she liked him enough to let him enjoy the warmth of the hunter tent. He tried ruffling the snow out of his hair (he made sure to do that inside the tent and on top of Phoebe's bow) but most likely didn't' get all of it out.

When he saw the inside, he was even more jealous of Hedge, there was a kerosene heater keeping them toasty warm and a bunch of comfy throw pillows. Piper was back to normal, decked out in a new parka, gloves, and camo pants like a Hunter. She and Hedge and Phoebe were kicking back, drinking hot chocolate.

"Oh, no way," Leo said. "We've been sitting in a cave and you get the luxury tent? Somebody give me hypothermia. I want hot chocolate and a parka!"

"I was left outside!" Jace's comment was met with a stink eye from Phoebe who sniffed and rolled her eyes while muttering a quiet 'boys' like boys killed her entire family and left her to rot.

"It's all right, Phoebe," Thalia said. "They'll need extra coats. And I think we can spare some chocolate."

Phoebe grumbled, but soon Leo, Jace and Jason were also dressed in silvery winter clothes that were incredibly lightweight and warm. The hot chocolate was first-rate.

"Cheers!" said Coach Hedge. He crunched down his plastic thermos cup.

"That cannot be good for your intestines," Leo said.

"Can goats even eat chocolate?" Jace asked Leo but the boy didn't have time to answer him.

Jace didn't have time to ask anything more from Leo when someone messed up his hair (it didn't make much of a difference to it). He turned around quickly, ready to fight whatever was behind him and...Jason. It was Jason. He looked at him with wide eyes and Jason seemed to get embarrassed at his actions.

"Uh, sorry" Jason rubbed his neck. "Your hair still had some snow in it and...yeah."

"Oh? Thanks—?"

"Do you speak Latin?" Jason shot the question without any warning.

"I do yes? Why are you asking?" He glanced around a little in case someone was controlling Jason by eye contact or something.

"No reason?" Jason also looked around to see what he was looking for only to find nothing.

Jason looked away from Jace when Thalia winked at him. "She's tough for a child of Aphrodite. I like this one."

Neither Jace or Jason had any idea on what the hell they were talking about but Jason just nodded at his sister with a confused look on his face before looking back at Jace who sent Thalia a confused look as well.

"Hey, I could run ten miles too," Leo volunteered. "Tough Hephaestus kid here. Let's hit it."

Jace had no Idea what was going on with Leo and Thalia and what the hell their conversation was about but he decided to not ask about it. He also liked to have Jason stand next to him but that might've been because he had cleaned up his hair.

...

It took Phoebe exactly six seconds to break camp which Jace believed to be a record time. The tent self-collapsed into a square the size of a pack of chewing gum. He kind of wanted one of those tents but Phoebe probably wouldn't let him have one. What a bitch— but that's rude so uhmm... what a girl. Ha, that's right.