16.Is This A Dream??

Author POV

Mehek was still unaware of the incidents previous night. She was unable to understand why the behaviour of people in her surroundings changed. She was standing in front of the mirror still in a complete daze of whatever happened a few minutes ago.

Flashback(Mehek POV)

I was trying to get up and felt a shooting sharp sensation in my head.My eyes fill up due to pain yet I don't want to yelp but I still do.

Suddenly someone enters the room. It's a woman. She has a glass in her hand. She sits near me and feeds me something sour."Ab behtar lag raha hai??"she asks me kindly. I nod with difficulty.She carresses my face as my vision clears up.I see her face.

Minal aunty??

I quickly get up , set her hair and wipe my eyes.Despite the weakness I bow down to her and say"Sorry Rani maa hume pata nahi kyun aaj uthne main der hogayi. Hum .. Hum abhi aate hai."I say stammering.

 Minal aunty gets up and joins her hands??. She sobs and says," Hume shama kar do Mehek. Hum tumhe samajh nahi paaye. Tumhe kya kuch nahi kaha. Tumhe kosa aur panoti ka nam diya par kya karte. Aakir hume bhi toh apne bete ki chinta hai. Par tum chinta mat karo. Hum sab theek karenge." Aunty says.

I was unable to comprehend whatever was happening. Minal aunty just apologized to me? I am sure something must have happened yesterday. Minal aunty looked at me with hopeful and guilty eyes. My heart softened. I don't know why God hasn't given me the quality of being cold like Mr. Malhotra. I wish I could borrow some from him. Eh What the fuck I am thinking?? Shut up Mr. Brain

I hold minal aunty's palms and say" It's okay. Aakhir galtiyan sabse hoti aunty.Main samajh sakti hu. Aap please guilty mat feel kijiye. Aapne kuch khaya??"Mehek asks in a worried tone.

Suddenly aunty scrunches her eyebrows and holds my ears . She twists them. My eyes widen" What was that for " I yelp. " Pelhi baat toh hume aunty bulana band karo. Baatein beti jesi aur keh rahi ho aunty? Aur jab tak bache ne naa khaya ho maa kese kha sakti hai. Tumhe dard mein tadap ta hua dekh humara dil toot gaya. "Minal scolds me.

My eyes tear up. I start crying." Kya hua beta zyada zor se lag gayi kya? Hume maaf kar do hum samajh nahi paaye."Aunty says." Aapko pata hai maine itna apnapan kabhi nahi dekha. Hum kya aapko ma bula sakte hai"

Aunty smiles painfully and nods. I hug her tighlty. I was unable to control my emotions.

Flashback over

Minal went downstairs asking Mehek to come downstairs soon and not to think so much.She just took and shower and was wiping her hair.Suddenly her phone rang.

" Mr. Sadu calling" it showed. Mehek rubbed her eyes unable to believe . The phone rang 2-3 times when she finally picked up the call.

Abeer: Hangover utara madam ka ??

Mehek: Hangover kya ??

Abeer: Kal tumne juice ke jagah mocktail pee liya tha . Main tumse kitni baar kaha hai yeh saste nashe karna  chod do.

Mehek is now scared and says : He Bhagwan!! Humne kal koi drama toh nahi kiya na??

Abeer was perplexed. Last night flashback came into his mind.

Mehek: Kahiye na ??

Abeer: Haa tumne kal mujhe bohot sataya. Tum sach mein ek number ki chipkali ho woh badi kali wali

Mehek huffs and says: Aap racist jokes zyada mat carck kijiye nahi toh main aapko

Abeer: Tum kya karogi Ms. CHipkali

Mehek: Main aapko kat lungi

Abeer chuckles and says: Haaye Ram tumhare lakshan thik nahi lag rahe aaj

Mehek: Agar aapka mujhe chidhana ho gaya ho toh hum phone rakh rahe hai

Abeer: Acha suno

Mehek: Haa?

Abeer Mujhe tumse kuch baat karni hai shaam ko aake karte hai thik hai??

Mehek: Jii Bye

A small smile appears on Abeer's face while his secretary looks at him disgusted. He has never seen his boss smile. Abeer was now determined to change Mehek's life before their divorce...

Mehek descended the stairs and saw all the family members were whispering something among themselves. They immediately became quite on seeing her. Everyone welcomed her with their warmest smile.

Priyal and Anurag grab her arms and drag her towards the sofa.Mehek is bewildered unable to understand what is happening. Suddenly Ankit comes and clears his throat grabbing her attention, " My dear sweet and accidental Bhabhi. We have a small gift and Suprise for you. I know we have all treated you poorly and you still tolerated that "he says.

Everyone comes. They have tears in their eyes. They grab their ears and together say" sorry Bhabhi". Mehek is shook. She stands up and opens her arms calling everyone in a group hug. They join her. Damini and Minal kiss her on her forehead as she feels belongingness, respect and love.

After all the rona dhona ,  Priyal announces " So my dear Bhabhi. We are very sorry. we didn't welcome you on your grihapravesh but now you are officially welcome you. Congratulations!!"

Everyone cheers , Damini comes close to Mehek and gently hold her jaw . She says" Hum apne pote ki bahurani  ke saath grihapravesh ke saare rasam karenge jo humne nahi kiye the. Toh chale Mehek?" Mehek gives a toothy smile and nods. While everyone says" Aww!!"

Her inner child comes out. So first Priyal and Zara give her a red embroidered saree with gold jewels. They dress her up magnificently. Priyal teases Mehek saying" Haaye bhabhi agar bhaiya aapko aese dekh lete toh unke toh hosh hi ud jaate.". Zara laughs and Mehek feels shy.

They take her Infront of the main gate of the house. They perform all the traditional rituals with her. Minal presents her with the khandaani necklace and bangles. These were the best moments of Mehek's life.

" I have a family" Mehek says with happy tears.

_______________________________________________________________
Guys update

Do vote and follow and thankyou for 64 votes. Counting for 100

Precap: Abeer's apology