12. Summer Fatigue.

ITS BEEN A YEAR SINCE THAT INCEDENT. "Here we go~" Shoko warned, getting ready to throw a pen at him. Geto was ready too, with an eraser. They threw it with all their might, the pen and eraser rushing towards the white haired boy.

The pen stopped in his infinity but the eraser hit him in the head. He seemed unfazed about it. "Yep, it's working," Gojo confirmed, grabbing the pen and eraser. "What the hell was that?" Shoko was pretty confused, straightening up. "The targets for the technique are selected automatically?" Geto asked, a bit intrigued.

"Yep. What I was doing manually is automatic now." He nodded, holding up the two items in his hand. He exlpained it briefly, Geto drowning out his words. He stared down at the floor, lost in his thoughts. Satoru has become "the strongest." He thought, interrupted by Gojo's voice.

"Hm? Suguru, have you lost weight? Are you okay?" He asked, taking a closer look at him. He can complete any mission by himself. Shoko doesn't usually go on dangerous missions anyway. "Hm? Did you eat too much soumen?"
So i've been spending more time alone. That can't be helped, he snapped out of it, giving his lover a nod. "I'm fine, it's just the summer stress," he lied, keeping his gaze towards the floor.

Gojo could tell he wasn't okay. "Are you sure you're—"

"I'm fine, Satoru!" He snapped without meaning to. "..sorry I just—" he paused, his hand going up to stroke his side part. "It's just hot out here. I'm just a bit miserable from the heat." Gojo didn't expect him to snap. "It's okay.. should we head inside?"

He just exorcised again and again. Exorcised, ingested.

The taste of a cursed spirit that no-one else knows, like swallowing a cloth that was used to wipe up shit and vomit. Exorcised, ingested.

Ever since that day, he's been asking himself these questions. He was already aware of the responsibility to come. He was aware of the ugliness that came with it. And he chose to be a sorcerer despite that. As for the strong, you must fulfill your obligation. "Damn monkeys.." it slipped out before he even caught himself. The water dripped down his body as he rested his hand on the wall of the shower.

He sat on the bench, his head hung low as he repeated these questions to himself, desperate to find the answers. He was rethinking everything. What it meant to be a sorcerer, what purpose they served. Nothing seemed to make sense anymore. "Geto!" Haibara's cheerful voice greeted. "Haibara.." he spoke, his dead eyes looking up to meet his gaze.

"Good work out there!" He smiled. "Wanna drink something?" He asked, offering to pay. "You don't have to.." he paused for a moment, thinking it over. "Cola, please!" He beamed. He sipped on the cola once offered, setting it down on the bench next to him. "My mission is gonna be pretty far out!"

"Really? Do bring souvenirs," Geto forced a smile, engaging in conversation. "Got it!! Do you prefer sweet or salty?" He asked. "I might share some with Satoru, so...something sweet." Haibara nodded, taking note of it mentally. He sighed, looking ahead of him. "Haibara. Do you think you can keep being a shaman? Is it not too rough for you?"

Haibara hummed for a moment before deciding on an answer. "Hm, let's see.. I'm not really the type to think to deeply about anything, y'see.."

"It just feels nice to me, to do my best in things I can do!" Geto nodded, turning his head away. "I see..that makes sense." He heard a few footsteps, lifting his head unconsciously. It was...

Gojo? "Ah, Satoru." He mumbled, his head hanging low again. "Hi, Gojo!" Haibara greeted. "Hey." He gave a nod. "I was lookin' for you earlier."

"You were?"