Chapter 31

Mickey Pov

I raised my brow at her. Waiting. This actually makes a lot of sense. Why am I just now knowing this? I looked over at gran.

"I didn't know until recently," she hurriedly stated when I gave her a look.

I turned back to her. I really don't know what she was expecting me to say. It really does explain a lot. At least now I know that's why the messenger obeyed me.

"I want Makay home. Now."

She smiled softly and patiently at me. "Makay is not only being punished for breaking my laws, she is also being groomed. I need a successor."

"Leave her be and take me."

"Mickey, no!" I kissed Makay's forehead when she fell into my arms with a worried expression."

I turned back to the goddess. She was staring hard but silently at me.

"Mickey, no. My punishment will not be for long. I will eventually be able to come back home. Don't give her your life and that of your mates for this," pleaded Makay.

"Doesn't matter. She will just come up with a different reason until she gets what she wants and you don't want to be a successor nor a leader."

Makay gasped and looked at the goddess. Makay might not have picked up on it but I did. Gran broke that law as many times as I could count and her punishment wasn't never this severe, if she was punished at all. Now, the first time Makay does it, this happens. Even if Makay does manage to talk her way out of this, it'll just be something else. This is the Goddess, one of the most powerful and mighty. I know she's not above being sneaky to get her way. I also know she won't hurt us. We're her family, she needs us.

She smiled at me. It's like she was reading my mind.

I smirked in return. She thinks she has won.

"I'm not coming until I die and would like to be in peace until then."

Her smile dropped.

Still looking at the Goddess I asked, "can I do that, gran."

"Yes Mickey, you can. You don't have to come now and when you die your spirit will transcend through the portal and you'll be remade into your same image, and you'll start your rein."

"Send us home. All three of us."

I was about to walk away then remembered something. I looked at the Goddess. "What's with the warlock?" The warlock has been a dark cloud over my family for hundreds of planet cycles. How did a warlock gene become intertwined with goddess blood?

"To know that you must know our history. I will show you small details. You will come to know more very soon."

She walked up to me and put her hand to my forehead. Flashes started rapidly approaching my vision then slowed down and started moving as a timeline. There was a beautiful woman. She looked like the goddess, except there was no crystal in the center of her forehead. She loved the outside. She swam the springs and walked the meadows every day, wondering. She always looks deep in thought. One day while she was in deep thought, she didn't see the male walking up behind her. When she turned, she gasped, then smiled. She threw her arms around him. She kissed him. They were talking but I couldn't hear them. After several minutes of talking, he became angry. His eyes blazed up, turning red.

He was a warlock. He pulled her to him in a possessive way. She looked like she was trying to appease him. After he calmed down, she kissed him. Things turned heated fast. They started mating in the meadows. After they were done, they laid down in the soft grass talking and lightly kissing each other, which was a mistake because the meadow became crowded fast with messengers and other powerful entities. They grabbed the warlock.