Chapter 7

Makay Pov

I turned the laser gun on him and started firing. I looked around for help, but Uncle Traja was still down. Now I was faced with two very powerful warlocks, and I have nearly drained all my energy fighting just one. On the other hand, Mickey wasn't even sweating. Or Chaos, whatever his name is. When my laser gun ran out of energy. I charged them both with a battle cry. A little confused as to why they are not fighting each other. Evil begets evil, I guess.

I started fighting them both with hand-to-hand combat. I hit Delcan with a fireball then kicked him into the forest. He was gone for a second. Then I was lifted into the air by Mickey and slung into the cottage wall. I hit the ground and moaned. I wiped blood from my nose. I looked up at Mickey. He had a huge fireball in his hand. Declan was walking back in the clearing with a large blue energy ball. At this point, those two would probably end me. Suddenly they both were hit with a large energy ball. They were knocked backwards.

I looked to the left. It was Ashford. She was weakly leaning against the wall. All too soon they both were up again. I held my hand up stopping them with my telekinesis. They tried to fight through it but this is one power that I was better at than Mickey. But they were both fighting it every step of the way.

I turned to Ashford and urgently said, "go put your hands on Uncle Traja! I'm going to send you both back. Go get gran and Uncle Cain, now! I can't fight them both!" She moved as fast as she could to Traja. When she touched him I waved my hand and they disappeared. I was weakening. I couldn't hold them both much longer.

By the time my gran and Uncle Cain came I was done for. They fought through my hold then grabbed me and started throwing me all over the forest and against the cottage walls. I hit the ground with a humpf. Seconds later gran was there. She hit them with something that I couldn't describe but it sent blue electricity through them. They spasmed and growled. Then they disappeared. When they were gone I glared at her. "You couldn't have come and done that earlier."

"Who are you glaring at, young lady?"

I dropped my head. "Sorry gran. I'm just very emotional right now. My brother, -he's."

She raised my head up. She stared into my eyes. Then smiled. "You're more powerful than you let on."

I shrugged. "The men in my life like when I play the damsel."

"I'm proud of you. I thought you weren't paying attention when I was teaching you hand to hand combat."

"I'll always pay attention to you, gran." But internally I'm wondering how she knew that I went hand to hand with Mickey and Declan's warlock.

She looked at me quizzically then smiled and helped me up. "I'll have more to teach you, very soon."

I looked at her with tears in my eyes. "He tried to kill me, gran, and Ashford. How could he do that?"

"Don't hold any of that against him. He doesn't see you as the loving sister. He knows you're his sister but right now, he simply doesn't care, dear. They have to merge. This is a battle only he can fight."

I sobbed. She held me. "Now, now. Your brother will be fine." I turned to Uncle Cain. He pulled me to him and kissed my forehead. "Your father beat his warlock, they are best buds now. Mickey will too."

"But Uncle Cain, you didn't see him. He's more powerful than anything I've ever seen. Now he has a helpmate. How did Declan turn so soon after him."

"I don't know sweetie, but I'll tell you this. You have to gear up. They are going to the closest community to wreak havoc. Only you are powerful enough to stop them. Your granny is powerful but she's getting older. Even by our kind standards she's older. She won't survive getting thrown into a tree."