Chapter 29

Mickey Pov

After finally getting the kingdom somewhat back to normal. I walked into the medic bay. I hate this fucking place. My father insists on seeing me. I haven't talked to or seen my mates. They are avoiding me. I know why, but of course I don't give a fuck. As soon as I get Aelasar back to its former glory, they will regret every minute they prided themselves away from me.

I walked into my father's room. He's lying in bed with his eyes closed. My mother was in his arms, asleep.

I walked to his bed and looked down on him. I looked through Makay's thoughts from the battle. Under normal circumstances her mind would be closed to me. It's a decision that we made a long time ago. I can only read her mind, no one else, but I can read feelings. To be honest, my father doesn't have many feelings most of the time. His feelings are sporadic and so are mine, I realized. My father just got better at hiding the fact that he doesn't give a damn about nothing other than his family. Of course, he doesn't feel that way all the time. Like I said, sporadic. It's the warlock. We can feel feelings like everyone else does. Our feelings have to be taught, and have to be redundant, however.

When I looked back at his face, his eyes were open. I stared at him. Then I became angry. There was no way my father should have ended up like this. He fought an unfair fight. There's no way he didn't know that monster didn't have life behind his eyes, that he was being controlled by the Raptillion creature. He fought him anyway.

My father is very powerful. Maybe even more powerful than Makay and I. He doesn't even know what all he could do. Like most of us, his powers are tied to his emotions, especially the ones that are dormant. When he gets angry, I've seen his powers escalate into something that could only be described as godly. There is no blueprint for Aeason of Aelasar. He is the blueprint.

I have seen my father move one of our suns because it was irritating my mother's skin. When she was pregnant with the triplets, her vampire side became strong. The sun would break her out into hives. She was miserable when she went out into the sun, but she loved being outside, so he made it comfortable for her.

I'm really hoping he didn't sacrifice his life or well-being to teach us a lesson. Just thinking about it makes me pissed all over again. I raged at the war going on inside me. I want to lift him up and asked him why the fuck did he do this. Doesn't he know that we would be lost without him? I especially need my father to guide me. I'm mostly running off nothing but anger and rage lately and can barely tolerate when someone questions me. Even an innocent question. I can't do this, and I want to run away from all this, but I know I can't. My father, my family, my citizens. They need me here, but I'm very close to killing.

He smiled a little. "You are your father's son. Your only thought right now is how far you could be away from all of this. And not because you don't care, but because you can't handle how much you care with him alive inside you, while he doesn't care. Your mind and body are literally at war and what's worse, it's our job to wear it with pride. But you can teach him how to love. Your mother did it for me and your mates will do it for you. You just have to let them."

I remained silent; I had a feeling he was right. Being half elven is very difficult. It wouldn't be so bad if I was a full blood witch, I would bond better with the warlock. Since I'm half elf and was taught strong family values, it's been a daily struggle since I was a child.

My father flipped the covers back. I saw his leg. I saw in Makay's memory that it was crushed by the Raptillion's champion. His pale leg looked bad. The veins are broken and discolored. It's smashed. Even if it heals, he will never walk the same again.

"I'm done, son. You have to take over."

My brain was misfiring. I didn't know how to feel about any of this. Chaos is even quiet. I feel him withdrawing, he's letting me decide all of this.