Chapter 2

Mickey Pov

I cursed when I'm hit with a water ball out of nowhere. I sniffed. I know that smell. I smiled. It's the triplets. My mom and dad waited many planet cycles to have more children. My mom felt that in the beginning, everything moved so fast for her and my dad. She felt that she didn't enjoy him or us even. She went into many heating cycles and imprisoned herself so that she wouldn't attack my dad and have more children. And since we don't stay children for long, she relished in the triplets. June, Summer and August. She named them from the earth shows she likes to watch so much.

Summer is the devious one. She just hit me with a water ball. I conjured up a water ball. "Hey munchkin. I don't get a, hey big brother welcome home. Just straight to the shit, huh."

She giggled. I sniffed. I can tell that August just joined her.

I target their location and levitate them into the air. With my free hand I threw water ball after water ball at them while they're in the air.

They screamed as the water hit them. "No fair, Mick." Not to be trumped up, June comes from out of nowhere and hits me with a water ball in the back of the head. June is the calculated one. She will never be rushed. She will plan then attack. Just like I taught her. She moved then disappeared so fast that I couldn't pinpoint her location. She came behind me fast and kicked me in the back of the knee. I released the other two as I went down. Then they were on me. Water ball after water ball.

"I surrender."

"Are you sure? Do the great Mickey of Aelasar concede defeat."

"Yes, now let me up, you tyrants."

My siblings think I'm the most powerful being ever. Taking me down is a win for them. They just don't know my father can level a small city if he wants to. These days my father is as soft as a kitten. He still has his occasional bouts of anger, but he just goes and finds Uncle Cain and they go at it for a while.

My father has been hinting that he wants to retire and move away with my mom and siblings. He's tired of running the kingdom. I will probably take over soon. To be honest I'm not ready. And not in the, I don't think I can do it kind of way. My father has been handing me kingly duties for years. But I don't want to settle down for that life yet. I'm having too much fun in The Outlands.

My ears perk up at screaming on the other side of the palace. We have excellent hearing due to our vampire side. I rolled my eyes. Makay and Declan are going at it. I made my way to that side of the palace. I walked in on a bloody scene. A male body is laying in the corner, beaten and bloodied. Declan has Makay against the wall by her throat.

I ran in and separated them.

"What the hell. Mom will freak if ya'll don't get rid of this body."

Makay says, "tell your friend to get rid of it. It's his fault. We were only discussing some things about our born day party. He came in and freaked out. And do you know why? It's because you're insecure, Declan. Just because you're doing it, doesn't mean that I am. No one in this kingdom will touch me. But you come back here smelling like whores. The next time you leave, Ashford and I will leave the kingdom and find some males that don't know who we are. We'll make sure they know how to treat a lady."

She disappeared. We both cursed. "If she takes Ashford away from here, I'll do her serious harm. "Can't you control her."

"She's your damn sister. If you can't, what makes you think I can."

"Just get the body up."

I walked off to go find Makay. I love Makay with everything in me. She's my twin. I felt her love in the womb, before anyone else's. I love her more than anyone else in this universe.

I tracked her down through our bond and headed that way. When I found her. I came in and remained silent. I sat by her and stared out over the kingdom. She loves coming here. On this balcony we can see over the kingdom, the trees and mountains. It's all very magnificent.

"You know I love you. But in the future. You just can't say things like that. It provokes my anger. I can feel him Makay. He's scratching and clawing. Just wanting until I turn 150 years old. I don't think love will be enough to stop him from hurting anyone."

"Oh Mickey." She laid my head on her shoulder and engulfed me in a hug.

"I'm sorry, Makay."

"For what."

"For the future."

"Mickey."

I looked at her. "No Makay, listen. Declan's warlock will come soon as well. You have to stop provoking him. I know you can handle yourself. Declan is not of the royal priestess blood, his warlock will be powerful, but not as powerful as mine. My warlock will be 10 times worse and more powerful. Dad says he can feel it. You have to chill."

"I'm sorry, Mickey."

"I know. I love you."

"Love you more." We sat there and held each other all night.

Afterwards, I went into Ashford's room. She was sleeping. I caressed her face. She moaned and leaned against my palm. When I continued to touch her, she frowned then pulled away. I frowned in return. I went to the lavatory and took a shower. When I came back out, I got in Ashford's bed. She rolled over and tucked her head in my neck and fell back asleep. I love Ashford. Eighty planet cycles ago she gave me her virginity after making me wait a very long time. It was weird because I tried to hold back to keep from hurting her but even though I didn't do a good job, she said it felt weird, like something was missing.

I didn't know what the hell she meant then and I still don't know. But whatever it was it made her not want to have sex with me again. So far, I have respected her wishes. But my mind is full of evil thoughts. Like now. I'm tempted to raise her leg and just shove my dick in her and when she woke up scared, I would choke her until she passed out or until I cum.

See, evil thoughts. I battle them constantly. But that would be too easy. My absolute best though is to catch her walking down the hall and pull her into a enclosed room and fuck and beat her until she's either unconscious or tell me she loves it.

I will go to my grandmother, the priestess. I need her help. I refuse to hurt Ashford, well no more than I already have. But in a weird way I resent her as well. All these women of all species throw themselves at me and the one woman I want, I barely can get. Hence why I question us being mates. Now if we were regular elves we would have mated by now.

Since we're half witch we can't mate until my warlock comes because basically, I'm missing a part of myself. At least that's how my grandmother explains it. I can't mate with someone if a part of me is missing. I have to be whole. Which is very scary because when he comes I don't think I'll be worried about mates. My dad said he had nothing but death and destruction on his mind for the first several planet cycles. He was minutes away from wiping out a small town until my grandmother and Uncle Cain intervened. My grandmother is half elf/witch. But calling her a witch is putting it mildly, she's a sorceress/ priestess. She passed down a lot of her magic through her bloodline. She hates that. She has tried to bind the warlock in our blood but it didn't work.

Ashford shifted and looked into my face. She rubbed my worry lines from my brow. "Go to sleep Mickey, I promise, whatever it is we'll deal with it."

"You promise. Even after everything."

"I promise Mickey. I'm here. I've been here. I'm not going anywhere until you order me away."

"Then you're stuck, Ashford."

"I know, now go to sleep. Your fidgeting is terrible."

I chuckled and laid my head on top of hers and fell asleep.