EPILOGUE

Arun's POV:

After my mother left, we walked in silence while my mind was thinking about a lot of things.

"What are you thinking?" Diya asked.

"Nothing, I never thought that my mother would have a reason for her actions. I just thought she had a physical affair and left to fulfil her desires. Why did I think like that? Why did I think that she went in search of desires? Why didn't I think she might have loved him from her heart? Why didn't I think she might have gone in search of love?" I asked, my heart aching.

"You didn't think like that, Arun. You were just 5 to 6 years old when she left. You didn't have that capability to think like that. Society made you think like that. Society is cursed like that. It spreads positivity at a tortoise's pace and It is ready to spread negativity at a jet speed," Diya let out an irritated look. I smiled sadly.

She added, "That's why, We should never judge anyone by thinking our own reasons or by hearing the society's reasons. The problem is we are ready to judge anyone easily. But we are not ready to understand even our closed ones that easily." She sighed.

"Hmm..." I hummed.

"You don't feel guilty. Keep in mind that you didn't have that capability of judging anyone when she left. You were a child. A child who would smile even at the murderers and rapists. A child doesn't know to judge. You didn't judge her like that. Your mind was fed by society like that. A child's mind will believe everything. So, You believed. That's it," She admitted.

"Hmm okay Diya, Shall we go home? I feel like sleeping in your lap," I said, leaving the topic about my mother. It was enough. I was content to know at least my mother had a reason from her heart. It was more than enough for me.

She looked at me warmly and nodded. We turned back to our home.

"Happy valentines day," Diya said irrelevantly with a bright smile and stretched her hands with chocolates to my mouth. I understood that she was trying to divert me and giggled, "I said this to you an hour before. It took an hour for you to wish me back."

She grinned, "I am always slow in romantic things," and fed me the chocolate.

"Is it? I don't feel like that. You learned everything within two months. Only intercourse is remaining." I giggled while munching.

She widened her eyes and looked around to know whether someone heard it.

"Don't worry. No one heard us." I giggled. She glared at me.

"Don't glare like this. Then, I will teach you intercourse too today." I giggled, controlling my laugh.

"Arun... What kind of talk is this in the centre of the road?" She flared her nose and breathed deeply.

"Romantic talk." I chuckled.

"You... " She yelled and she was about to pinch my waist. I moved away and started to run towards our home. We reached home by running within two minutes.

We entered our home and went to our room. Vijay fell asleep near Pari by now.

"Let them sleep here itself. Let us not disturb his sleep. Let's go to his room," Diya said.

"Pari..?! " I asked.

"Let her be here itself, Arun. If Vijay wakes up and can't find Pari, he will panic," She said.

"Okay.. " I nodded. We both left for Vijay's room and locked the door.

"Wait, I will go and change my clothes. Then, you sleep on my lap," Diya said. I nodded. I changed my clothes to shorts and a T-shirt. Though we have come closer in physical intimacy, Diya was still feeling shy to change clothes in front of me. Only my Diya can behave strangely like this. I too left her to her wish.