CHAPTER - 10

Arun's POV:

When it was night, After having dinner with Little Diya and her family under the moonlight in the garden, I came to my room to sleep. I removed my t-shirt and walked to switch off the lights with my shorts. Before I could reach the switch board, Little Diya barged inside the room suddenly.

"Oops sorry.. " She gasped, closing her eyes, turning back and yelled, "Won't you lock the door, if you are going to sleep shirtless?"

"Won't you knock the door, if you are coming inside other's room?" I asked casually, taking my T-shirt back and wore it. I didn't feel any embarrassment as I was the most shameless person.

"Me and Vijay are staying in the same room. He always sends me out and locks the door, if he is going to change his clothes. If the door is partially opened, it means that he is with all his clothes. I got used to it. Sorry," She pouted, still closing her eyes.

I smiled and said, "Okay, Turn back to me. I wore my shirt."

She turned back to me. By looking at the clothes on me, she took a long deep breathe as if she has escaped from a dinosaur in a close call.

I chuckled at her shyness. But my chuckle faded away, as I could understand why she tried to suicide when I kissed her. A shy and innocent person like her won't be able to go through it easily, I understood.

"Lock the door hereafter. Don't make me embarrassed." She interrupted my thoughts.

"Hmm, Then why are you and Vijay staying in the same room when you have 3 more empty rooms here?" I asked.

"No Arun, We were staying in separate rooms only for the last 5 years. But after I fell down from the terrace, he shifted his things to my room by seeing my injuries. Even my papa and Maa stayed in the same room with me till last three days. Then, they went to their regular room as I am almost alright. But my brother settled in my room itself. In the last two weeks when we stayed in the same room, we spoke a lot, laughed together, played together and discussed lot of things. So, my brother liked to stay together more than staying alone it seems. I too like it." She smiled.

"Oh..Its because of me na." I sighed.

"Yes, but don't feel guilty. I am alright now."

I nodded happily and asked, "Why did you come here now? What if your parents see you here now?"

"My parents went to sleep. Even if they come here and see us, they won't think anything wrong. They know about me. I just came here to give you this notebook and pen. Everyday before sleeping, write about whatever you experienced that day and your feelings about your experiences. When we have no one to share our feelings, then there is always a pen and paper. Replace your alcohol with this pen and paper. Just write whatever you felt on that day. If it is a bad day, writing about it will be a stress reliever. If it is a good day, writing about it will increase your happiness. It will help you to discover yourself." She smiled and gave the notebook to me. I got it in my hands with a blank mind.

"Then, If you want any books to read, come to my room tomorrow and take whatever books you want. I have lot of books," She said.

"Ayyo(Oh No!!), I am afraid of books from my school days. That too, your room is full of fatty English books. I don't know that much English. I know only some basic words in English," I admitted almost in a reflex.

"Oh Why? Have you studied in Tamil medium?" She asked.

"Yes and I withdrew studying after I failed in tenth standard." I forced a smile.

"Oh.. It's okay, Education only will not decide our fate. You have your music talent. You will achieve high in that." She smiled.

When most of the well educated people I met, sneered at me for failing in tenth std, she saw the positive in me and smiled genuinely. If I met her long before, my life would have been good, I thought.