CHAPTER - 22

Diya's POV:

As soon as Arun said that he had the habit of visiting red light areas, I got instant angry. I couldn't talk to him as usual. I didn't know why, I felt like he cheated me. If I didn't feel like that, I would have advised him not to go there hereafter. But, I was being a normal woman who felt cheated instead of being a future psychiatrist. In an angry and disappointment, I came to my room.

Vijay was sleeping in his bed. He doesn't have the habit of waking up early. Our parents too never insisted us to wake up at 5 o'clock. But somehow, I developed a habit of waking up early even before my mom. But that day, my interest in meditation was spoiled. I remembered the words which Arun slurred on that day when he kissed me.

"You... You.. Are you that girl who my friend arranged...That girl... You... "

I realised that he kissed me by thinking me as a whore, my anger increasing on him and my eyes formed tears unknowingly. I wondered, why am I feeling cheated, crying and getting angry instead of guiding him in this topic. I wondered what is making me get angry and to cry. I couldn't find any answers, as my mind was already going through a shock. I was not at peace to think and find answers.

I ignored my questions and decided to avoid him. I couldn't forgive him easily, though I assured him that I will forgive. He was a womaniser, I knew. But I didn't think that he would have gone to this extreme. It was getting on my nerves. I didn't even want to think about him hereafter.

I took a deep breath, wiping my tears in anger and lied down on my bed. Soon the memories of him, keeping his face innocently in front of me, dancing weirdly with us, smiling at me warmly, playing carrom with us on weekends, playing guitar to entertain us sometimes, obeying me like an obedient student, everything flashed in my mind.

Suddenly I felt like I am going to miss him, if I stop talking to him. I was struggling between the two fires. I wanted to avoid him. At the same time, I didn't want to miss his good side too.

I sat up again, placing my hands on my head. Vijay woke up by now. He looked at me and asked, rubbing his eyes, "Akka, Why are you keeping your hand on your head in the morning itself as if you have lost something?"

I removed my hand from my head and said, "Nothing. I am just thinking about a problem in my college. I couldn't find a solution."

"Then, Tell me your problem. I will try to help you. Vijay is a problem solver, you know," He said proudly. I didn't know which problem he solved. All he solved was his maths problems only.

"You don't have that much maturity. Go and study for your class tests," I said flatly.

"Oh, You have mature problems?! I am thankful that at least you have grown up now" He teased.

I looked at him, furrowing my eyebrows.

He grinned and said, "If not me, then go and tell your problem to our Maa or Papa. They can solve any problem na"

"Hmm.. " I hummed and got down from the bed.

I went to the kitchen. My Maa was preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, dear." She smiled on seeing me.

"Good morning, Maa." I smiled. She gave me coffee.

I got it in my hands and said, "Maa, I want to ask a thing."

"Hmm, Ask," She replied.

"I have a friend, Maa. She was behaving well till yesterday. Suddenly, I came to know that she has done a big sin in her past. I got angry on knowing that and I want to avoid her. But, I feel like I will miss her good side too. What shall I do?" I asked sadly.