CHAPTER - 55

Arun's POV:

"You monkey, Don't say bad words." I heard my little Diya's voice after two months, my heart pounding in my chest. I didn't expect that I would meet Diya again. It was a combination of surprise and shock for me.

"D... Di.. Diya," I stammered, feeling frozen.

"Yes, Your little Diya." I heard her crying tone from my chest. On hearing her crying tone, my heart ached and I immediately removed my blindfold while asking, "Diya, why are you crying?"

When I removed my blindfold, She looked up at me with teary eyes from my chest. I saw her angelic face after two months. But her teary eyes were pained. Her old charm was not there in her face. I understood that I hurted her by leaving her alone without informing her. I have pushed the light of my life into darkness, It seemed.

I wanted to wipe her tears, engulf her in my hug, apologise for hurting her and wanted to give her all my love to bring back her old charm. But.. The thought of her parents stopped me. I thought to make her understand the situation and to forget me and I was about to utter my words.

Before I could say anything, suddenly she started to punch my chest and cried, "How can you do this to me? Do you know how I was searching for you? Are you a heartless person to leave us without informing me? Didn't you think I will worry for you? How can you do this?"

I held her punching hand and said looking at her eyes, "Sorry.. "

"I don't want your sorry." She hugged me again and replied from my chest. I too didn't release her hug. I couldn't.

"You may not want my sorry. But I am sorry. I can understand that I hurted you... " I was saying.

"I love you," She confessed, intervening me, looking into my eyes, making my heart skip a beat. I heard those words from her which I wanted to hear from her since long. But, I didn't know how to respond to her words. The thought of her parents was hindering me from everything. I wanted to respond to her confession. But I was helpless. I controlled my words. But I couldn't control my tears. My love was converted into the form of tears and streamed down.

Suddenly, we heard Krishna appa's voice, "Arun..."

I jerked, wiping my tears and looked at the direction from where I heard his voice. Appa, Amma and Vijay were standing nearby us. Diya too released her hug.

"Arun... You are here!! We were searching for you in many ways. We never expected that we would meet you here. How are you?" Appa asked surprisingly.

I wondered how the person who screamed and threw me out of the home, was talking cool like nothing happened. I was puzzled why they were searching for me. But without asking my questions, I forced a smile and said, "Fine, Pa....Sorry. Fine, sir."

He smiled warmly, touching my shoulder and said softly, "You can call me as Appa and Paayal as Amma. Without knowing about your good change, I behaved rudely with you. Sorry for it. You will forgive us, right?"

I replied in a trice, "Appa, Why are you asking sorry and all? You didn't do anything wrong. You have the right to condemn me for my wrong deeds."

He smiled. "Yes, we have the right to condemn you. But the biggest punishment for a person's wrong deeds is his own feelings of guilt. When you were already feeling guilty, I should have not punished you. So, For my satisfaction I am asking sorry. And Diya told everything. Everything about your good change and everything about your family too..." He paused.

I looked at Diya. She shook her head up and down indicating yes.

Appa added, "I never thought that you were going through a pain. Loneliness is not just being alone. Its a feeling, painful feeling when we don't have anyone to care for. That loneliness may lead a person to search his/her company in alcohol, drugs, etc...We can understand you. We forgave your past bad deeds. You can be with us as usual in our home. We are your family and we won't leave you alone hereafter. It's my promise and I never break my promises." He smiled.