𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓?

"Thank you mi amor~"

"No problem Val." you muttered, as you set his new drink down on his office desk. You turned on you heel to leave but─

"Y/n."

He gripped your wrist stopping you from leaving which made your eyes widen a bit.

You turned around to see his average red eyes glowing brighter and a hollow look on his face.

"Don't leave me."

His tone send a shiver down your spine. You said nothing, and only stared longer into his eyes.

His words sounded sweet and gentle, like a plead almost, begging you to stay.

But his expression said otherwise, an empty stare while he said it.

Almost like a threat.

Yeah. He wasn't asking. He was forcing.

You closed your eyes in thought as a hum escaped your lips. Slowly, very slowly, a plan started to form in your head. Manipulation. Manipulating him into thinking you're his, his little perfect doll. Acting innocent.

But soon you would do some digging, trying to find secrets, money, anything that Val didn't want you to have.

Cause if he was going to pretend to own you, you might as well own him.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. For now, Y/n would just play innocent with Val until she could find something to take from him.

You smiled wide at him and chuckled. "Of course not. I'm working all for you aren't I? This is all for you."

Thankfully, that satisfied him.

He grinned wide and rubbed his thumb across your chin. 

"That's more like it~"

He stroked your hair softly while you asked if you could excuse yourself. He gave his nod and you walked out the door.

You sighed and slumped down a bit, hands still on the door.

This job is so shit. Why did I even agree to that bet??

Oh yeah. Because he's just another one of the men who constantly piss me off. That's why.

"So how's working with bitch boy?" Vox joked. 

You looked up to see Vox on the couch in front of you chilling.

"Terrible. He tried to drag me in bed once." you said flatly. You began walking over to him.

"Oof." he chuckled. "Didn't think it was that bad." 

"Yeah. But it's just the regular already." you sat down comfortably next to him.

A comfortable silence fell over the two of you and then he turned his head to you. 

"Come on. I wanna show you something." he grinned.

You raised an eyebrow as he pulled you up from the couch and grabbed your hand. He took you behind their bar.

"God, how much do y'all drink??" you asked.

He laughed then waved his hand a bit. "No, no it ain't for me. It's just this little recipe I learned a while back and I thought I'd show you."

"To change things up a bit." he explained.

You shrugged. "Alright bartender teach me."

He pulled out a martini glass, some vodka, a mixing glass, and chocolate liqueur. 

"It's easy." he said.

He filled up the mixing glass with some cracked ice below the bar. You added the vodka and chocolate to the mixing glass and stirred it for a while. 

Lastly, the two of you strained the mixing glass contents into the chilled martini glass.

The martini became a deep chocolate brown.

"Looks like shit." you muttered.

He chuckled a bit. "We added chocolate kid. Of course it's gonna be brown." he went down the bar and pulled out a little sack. You raised an eyebrow as he opened it and sprinkled a little something in the drink.

He noticed your confusion and grinned once more. "Chocolate shavings."

"Oh." you hummed and pulled out two tiny shot glasses and scooped a bit of the martini into them. You handed one to him which he took.

"Cheers." you smiled as you lifted it.

"Cheers."

Both of you drank it and smiled at the taste in your mouth. You did a little chef's kiss and gestured to Vox. "Pure perfection bartender." you imitated a British accent.

He chuckled. "It is pretty good isnt it?"

"Yeah. You were holding out on me."

The two of you chilled it to save it for later in a small mini fridge.

"You have it." you hummed.

"Huh?"

"You can have the drink." you smiled. "You made it after all, and I definitely don't want Val having something as good as this."

"But you helped. And no I can't take it."

"I insist."

He sighed and shook his head. "You're making this hard for me."

He finally gave in and told you he was gonna drink it after it chilled. In your honor.

"How about I let you head to the hotel early?" he smiled.

"You mean it?" you turned your head and grinned, while putting your hand on top of his. 

He chuckled again and then shrugged. "Sure why not? Val won't notice." he grinned back.

"I mean he definitely will but, thank you Vox!! You're so sweet to me!!" you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him closer into a hug, which made him blush a bit.

"Alright alright!" he pushed you off him playfully. "Now go! Before Val notices you're gone."

"Thanks again." you smiled at him again, which was something very few guys get to see.

You got up and ran towards the exit with an excited grin on your face.

➽──────────────❥

You opened the doors to the hotel and stretched a bit. Your arm made a satisfying pop and you loosened your shoulders. 

You wallked over to see Alastor talking to Husk on the bar, but he was acting a little different. 

"Just do it already." You heard Husk.

"Do what?" the two men jolted and turned around to see you, arms behind your back and an innocent smile on your face. 

"Oh Y/n! It's um.."

"I'll leave you two alone." Husk smirked and walked out of the bar.

You chuckled and came closer to him a bit. "Al, what's going on? You're not acting like yourself." 

He chuckled too and sighed. "It's just...something's been bothering me lately."

"Which is?" you pressed further.

You could've sworn you saw him blush. "I wanted to ask you out to dinner...tonight." he turned away to avoid your eyes.

(A/n: btw its late afternoon turning into night. i hate mornings lol)

You grinned.

"I-if you want to, of course I'm not going to pressure you─"

"Alastor of course! Why would you ever think I would say no?" you asked.

Cause you're perfect he thought.

But he would never say that.

"Just give me a few seconds to get ready alright?"

"Oh yeah of course."