Chapter 27 - Where is She?

"Again, good job gang. Rest up. And Sam, please get Banner to look over your arm. And don't be stubborn!"

Steve spoke as the team cleared off the jet now that they had arrived back at the tower, his arm under Natasha, helping her walk as Sam rolled his eyes before giving them a thumbs up.

And so the team split off in different directions.

Some moving to the training rooms, wanting to replay and practise some of their mistakes so they could avoid making them again.

Some to the medical wing to patch themselves up.

Others to the kitchen to get a refreshment.

But Stephen? Stephen made his way up to his room, ready to let the stress of the mission wash away with the dirt and sweat he had just accumulated on their most recent outing.

The shower stung as the hot water ran over his wounds, diluted blood running across his skin and down towards the drain. And as his skin acclimatised to the temperature, he let his mind wonder.

Yes, he could probably do with a long nap right about now. And he should probably check in with Wong to see how the Sanctum was doing. There were a couple relics that had recently gone missing and Wong could probably use his help. And Steve mentioned something about a few smaller missions that the Sorcerer Supreme would be very useful on.

But he wasn't about to embark on any of that.

Not before he visited (Y/n).

The shower continued to rain down on him, letting his muscles finally start to loosen and relax, and he let out a sigh now that he felt his body melt and reset.

Then something caught his attention.

He turned, letting his peripherals guide him to his finger. To her ring.

The ring was glowing.

But not just glowing. It was also pulsing.

He dragged his thoughts away from his aching body and onto the bronze loop that rested upon his hand.

Stephen stood, confused, his mind trying its best to process what the ring was doing. I mean, it had never done this before. So, why should he immediately know what it was doing?

Then it hit him.

She's awake.

She must be.

His eyes widened as he rushed out of the shower, running through his room to throw on whatever clothes he could find lying around and made his way up to the lab.

-

"Where is she?"

The doors of the laboratory swung open, the sorcerer's eyes hastily scanning the environment.

"Relax Doc, she's fine."

Stark noticed his frantic features and smirked before looking over to Bruce and sharing a knowing look.

By now, everyone knew about the events of the Halloween party. And what happened between (Y/n) & Stephen that night. So it came to no one's surprise to always find Stephen by her bedside, or to see him now, panic-struck wondering where she went.

"You just let her leave??"

His hair was dripping from the shower he had just run out of, leaving little puddles on his shoulders and on the floor. He made his way to her now empty bed, searching for her other ring. But her bedside table was empty.

So, not only was she wearing her ring, but she had taken the book; The scrapbook Stephen had made her for her birthday.

Or someone else had.