New old encounters

Comincia dall'inizio

I informed Dokyeom that I would be heading out for dinner with the team and entered a nearby restaurant for the celebration. The atmosphere was lively as the dinner unfolded, with drinks flowing generously. The juniors took it upon themselves to ensure everyone was entertained. and drunk.

After the dinner, as the juniors started leaving for another round, I decided to leave for home when I noticed DoYun hadn't left the restaurant either.

"You aren't leaving with them?" I asked in a semi-formal tone and he simply shook his head. He was drunk down to the core.

"DoYun, you need to go home" I said and he nodded dizzily.

"Alright" I mumbled to myself and tapped his shoulder and asked him to get up.

"Come on, let's at least put you in a taxi." I said and guided him outside the restaurant to find a taxi.

"Hanari, why are you still so sweet to me?" he mumbled and I sighed.

"Don't call me Hanari" I mumbled and watched the taxis that passed us without waiting.

"Sit here" I said, making him sit on a nearby bench and looked for taxis.

As I looked for taxi's my phone rang, Dokyeom's name flashing on the screen.

"Hey" I answered.

"Hey, you're not home yet? Should I come pick you up?" he asked, concerned.

"Hanari! Look!" DoYun exclaimed behind me and I turned to look at him holding a puppy and petting it as if it was a stuffed toy.

It was someone else's pet puppy, for which that woman was scolding him badly.

"I'm so sorry he's a little drunk" I apologised and pushed DoYun's head down in a bow to apologise as well.

"Leave it" I slapped his shoulder scolding him and he pouted as he let the puppy go which eventually wiggled its way out of his grip.

"Hannie?" Dokyeom spoke over the phone and I realised Dokyeom's tone had changed from concern to confusion.

"Dokyeom, I'll call you once I'm seated in a taxi, DoYun seems to be way too drunk right now." I answered and hung up the call.

About 10-12 minutes of struggling to find a taxi even on online apps, I sat down at the bench with a tired face.

"Hanari, Ah- Hana, you should leave, I'll go home" DoYun suggested pointing his fingers around randomly.

"You look half dead right now but sure." I replied sarcastically and pulled out my phone to look for some other way to get him home.

In a few minutes, two cars stopped in front of our bench and the driver of the first car rolled down his window

"Get in and put him in the car behind ours" I heard a familiar voice and saw Dokyeom inside with his face covered with a mask and a cap.

"What are you doing here?" I asked surprised through the window and he gave a faint smile that I could notice even with the mask on.

"I figured you wouldn't have found a taxi yet so I thought I'd help out myself, how long will you wait until he finds a taxi." Dokyeom spoke and I sensed a pinch of jealousy in his voice.

I got a drunk and wobbly walking DoYun in the backseat of the other car that Dokyeom's manager was driving. DoYun told the manager his address and they left as I sat in the car that Dokyeom was waiting in. After a few silent minutes of the car ride, I finally broke the awkwardness. 

"Are you upset?" I quietly asked Dokyeom. He didn't reply, instead he kept driving.

"Hya~" I spoke up expecting an answer.