𝟬𝟭𝟭 the carnival of terror

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN.
the carnival of terror

     DELIA CROMWELL wasn't sure about most things, but if there was one thing she was one hundred perfect definite about, it was that she couldn't trust the god of war

     The second she learned the name of the motorcyclist that offered them help, Delia knew it was for the best to keep her guard up until she learned the man's true motives behind his offer. If his violent children were anything to go by, then their diabolical antics were inherited from their father. Ares was the god of war. Key word: war. Delia and her friends were trying to retrieve the master bolt to prevent a war from happening. So the girl couldn't help but wonder why the one person who would benefit from a war more than anyone was trying to prevent it from happening in the first place. It didn't make sense, or at least, that was what Delia was starting to believe.

So when she entered the diner Ares had told her and her friends about, she made a mental note to not fall into any traps that could put her life, and the lives of her friends, at risk. Delia knew of the man and his reputation. No one, especially not the god of war, would jeopardise the very thing they were trying to accomplish. So until they got the help Ares had promised them further down the road moments before they stepped foot into the diner, Delia wasn't going to play the fool. She would keep an eye on Ares and analyse every word he said, and action he took, to ensure her friends and herself weren't being put in any kind of danger.

     Delia's gaze wandered aimlessly around the old-fashioned diner, hoping to catch some sort of glimpse of the familiar man in his leather trench coat. But she couldn't spot him. That was until she heard a roar of familiar laughter, listening as the string of manly chuckles echoed loudly through the diner. Delia turned around to see Ares was seated at a table on the opposite end of the restaurant. The girl then turned back to face her friends, each of them exchanging looks with each other when they realised that they had found the god in question. At least they knew they had the right place, just like Ares had previously described to them.