𝟬𝟬𝟬 dreamscape

PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE.
dreamscape

     THERE SHE STOOD, bow and arrow in hand while she circled her opponent — her enemy

It felt like she was having an out of body experience, watching from the sidelines as a version of herself fought against someone whose face she could not see. The girl has had many dreams before. Ones that felt real. But not as real at this one. It was as if she was there, standing in the shoes of her older self. A version she had never seen before. The girl believed she had to blink a few times to let it sink in that the bow and arrow wielding hero was actually her.

She was a lot older than her fourteen year old self. This version of her was nothing like the girl she thought she was. She wasn't wearing flower printed shirts and baggy denim jeans. She was wearing her armour with pride, wielding a bow and arrow. A deadly weapon the girl never saw herself being able to handle, let alone wield it like she knew every corner and crevice to understand how it worked. And she wasn't clean faced either. She could spot the faded scars from miles away, one across her cheek and the other across her neck.

And she was tired. So tired. Like she had fought more than enough wars to last her a lifetime.

But she didn't once back down. She called out to her opponent, a pleading look in her eyes, like she was begging them to stop. But the sound of the pouring rain and the clap of thunder roaring above was enough to drown out her voice. But from what the girl could see from afar, she didn't want to hurt her opponent. It made her wonder if the boy who approached her, sword in hand, was really her enemy, or someone she was trying to save. Someone who she truly cared about. Someone she loved deeply enough to fight for instead of fighting against them.

     The fight went on for what seemed like forever. All the girl could do was stand and watch as her older self shot arrows across the battleground, but she wasn't intentionally trying to hurt anyone. They were warning shots. The faceless opponent didn't want to hurt her either. He was getting closer, but he was holding back. He couldn't cut her into two if he truly wanted to cause damage, however, he pulled himself back each and every time he would swing his sword towards the girl. He was scared of hurting her. Then why were they fighting to begin with?