Chapter 80: The Mysterious Anbu Ninja

Start from the beginning

In the split second he was taken aback, the Chakra Threads manipulated five shuriken had already reached him. Their speed and agility far exceeded those of ordinary thrown shuriken.

"Body Flicker Jutsu!"

However, the ANBU Ninja's reaction was not slow. At a crucial moment, he directly executed the Body Flicker Jutsu, avoiding the shuriken that Yu continued to manipulate and shoot at him.

"Clang, clang, clang..."

Under the manipulation of Chakra Threads, the five shuriken in the air relentlessly pursued and attacked. The ANBU Ninja continuously employed the Body Flicker Jutsu to evade, appearing somewhat disheveled.

"You can't escape!"

Staring at the ANBU Ninja, who moved incredibly fast with the Body Flicker Jutsu, Yu's amber eyes burst with light. The Chakra Threads he controlled suddenly flicked!

Observation Haki anticipated the opponent's movements in advance. All five sharp shuriken, under Yu's control, directly struck the ANBU Ninja's body.

"Croak, croak, croak..."

However, accompanied by a chilling cry, numerous black feathers fell to the ground. The ANBU Ninja, struck by Yu, transformed into scattered crows right before his eyes.

Crows?!

Witnessing this scene, Yu widened his eyes in astonishment.

"Bang! Bang!"

At that moment, two faint explosions sounded around Yu. With two clouds of white smoke emerging, the ANBU Ninja directly released two Shadow Clones identical to itself.

"Flash Double!"

After releasing the two Shadow Clones, three identical ANBU Ninjas, each drawing a short knife from their backs, simultaneously executed the Body Flicker Jutsu. They turned into three swift phantoms, charging straight towards the middle of Yu.

This technique, named "Double Flash," superficially seemed to create two Shadow Clones for Taijutsu attacks against the enemy. However, in reality, the original body could freely interchange among the three, using ultra-fast Body Flicker Jutsu in conjunction with exquisite Kenjutsu (Sword techniques). Common ninjas would almost be instantly cut down in the blink of an eye.

"Lightning Release: Chidori Current!"

Confronted with rapid attacks from three directions by the ANBU Ninjas, Yu showed no hesitation and directly unleashed Chidori Current. Intense electrical currents emanated from his entire body.

"Bang! Bang!"

Two of the ANBU Ninjas collided with Yu's Chidori Current, instantly turning into two clouds of white smoke and disappearing.

However, the remaining original seemed to understand Yu's Ninjutsu nature well. Its body abruptly halted just outside the attack range of Chidori Current!

"If my estimation is correct... your technique involves releasing Lightning Chakra throughout your entire body, creating a high-level Ninjutsu that electrifies and subdues close-range opponents, right?"

The ANBU Ninja, standing still and forming hand seals at the original location, stared at Yu. Blood-red eyes gleamed beneath the cat-faced mask, focusing on Yu amid the raging electrical currents.

"Since the last time I suffered a loss, I devised a method... I believe you won't be able to withstand my next wave of attacks with this!"

"Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Jutsu!"

As the words fell, hand seals completed, and the ANBU Ninja directly opened his mouth, releasing two scorching fireballs toward Yu.

"I really shouldn't underestimate you at all..."

Facing the incoming fireballs, with the raging electrical currents on his body not fully subdued, Yu revealed a wry smile.

It turns out that the attacks from the two Shadow Clones earlier were just a decoy—aimed at making him release Chidori Current, allowing the original to attack during his Ninjutsu usage.

"I never expected that, having witnessed me use it just once, he could immediately grasp the attack range of Chidori Current and come up with such a method to counter my Ninjutsu..."

Even Yu didn't anticipate that the opponent, having seen him use Chidori Current only once, could quickly figure out how to crack and counter it.

"Sorry, Yu. Today, I can finally win against you."

Watching Yu about to be hit by the fireballs, the ANBU Ninja couldn't help but laugh.

"Oh, really? Take a closer look then..."

Just as it seemed Yu was about to be hit by the fireballs, a playful smile appeared on his face.

Could it be...? The ANBU Ninja felt a shock in his heart.

"Bang!"

As the words fell, Yu, struck by the two fireballs, unexpectedly turned into a puddle of water on the ground.

"Water Clone?!"

Immediately realizing the danger, feeling the fluctuation from above, the ANBU Ninja suddenly looked up and spewed out the last fireball from his mouth.

"Quick reaction..."

"Unfortunately, your movements are too slow!"

Facing the fireball released by the ANBU Ninja beneath him, Yu, appearing in mid-air above, had already completed the hand seals with both hands.

----

Make sure to leave a positive review and vote if you enojy the story so far :)

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter