6

I drive towards the apartment and wait for Kyle to come out. I type away on my phone chatting with my mom when she suddenly FaceTimes me.

She gasps loudly. " Sage Abigail Hart! Were you texting and driving?" She asks sternly.

" Mother. I'm literally parked. Look in the background. See I'm not moving." I sigh. She comes closer to her screen and narrows her eyebrows.

" Okay. You know how dangerous it is. What are you doing?" She asks while i bite my fingernails.

" A friend needs a ride. I'm the only one without plans." I shrug. Looking at her through the screen. She's busy in the kitchen.

" a friend? Amelia?" I glare at my mother.

" No." her head comes close to the screen and she narrows her eyes again. I roll mine.

" who is it Sage?" I groan knowing that I'll get lectured and most likely get yelled at.

" Mom please don't be mad. It's not that big of a deal. It's just, on the first day of class we had three new students. And they didn't have a place to sleep. Millie and i had two rooms available so they're living with us." I explain to my mom who is so close to the screen that i only see her forehead.

" Guys of girls?"

" Mom!"

" Don't mom me! You got strangers in your apartment. I have every right to ask questions. Now, guys or girls." She snaps. I groan loudly, my head falls back on the headrest of my car.

" three guys." I admit. I hear her scoff. I look outside and see Kyle walking to my car. His hands in his pocket. I try to use my hands to tell him to back off and not get in my car. But he still does.

" Sage Abigail hart! You're living with three guys and didn't even tell me!" My mom yells. I look at Kyle and put my fingers on my mouth telling him to shut up. He gives me a questioning look.

" Mom, Millie her parents know about this. You have to go easy on me. I'm twenty I'm not your little kid anymore, for gods sake." I groan laying my head on the steering wheel.

" Don't talk to me like that sage. You are my daughter and you'll forever be my daughter so i have every right to be concerned that you are living with three guys. You can't even get a boyfriend and now you live with three guys." She scoffs. And so do i. My cheeks heat up knowing that Kyle is listening to this.

" Mom! That's so rude. It doesn't even make any sense that you're talking about boyfriends." I scoff at her and she gives me a stern look. " mom I'm hanging up." I mutter and hang up without saying anything else.

I start my car, i reverse from the parking lot and Kyle types in the address of the garage.

" Hey." He mutters quietly.
" Hi." I mutter back. With my eyes on the road i let out a sigh.

" That was my mom. She's a little too overprotective. Don't mind her." I tell him glancing at him quickly.

" I thought it was quite funny." He admits. A grin on his face. I roll my eyes.

" No she's very mad. She used my full name like three times." I groan. " Don't be surprised when you see a skinny, short brown haired woman at the door." I tell him seriously.

" Why is she so overprotective?" I shrug.

" I don't know. She's always been like this. I've never been allowed to go partying. And now I'm free from her. One time in high school she came rushing in my classroom because i wasn't responding to her texts. She thought i was doing drugs. Or that i died." He lets out a loud laugh.

" Fuck. Okay she's a little overprotective. But it means she loves you." He says and i nod. Kyle his leg moves up and down as he plays with his hands.

" I guess." I stop at a red light and look at him. " Vince told me what happened. With your motorcycle. Did you really walk away after crashing?" I ask him. He nods and stares ahead.

" It's not that big of a deal. I've seen the ground so many times with that motorcycle, I guess I'm used to it." He nods telling me that it's green. I drive again with my eyebrows raised.

" Aren't you scared that you're gonna get into a wreck like.. you know." I trail off. He shakes his head no. His leg keeps moving up and down rapidly and he fidgets in the seat.

" You mean a fatal crash? No. If i die riding that motorcycle than so it be. I like riding it so if i die I'll be happy." He simply says like he doesn't care at all.

I look at him quickly, raising my eyebrows and biting the inside of my lip.
" Do you need a therapist." I ask more like in a joking way. He chuckles and shakes his head.

" No. don't be silly." He smirks. " Pull over." I frown and look over to see that he's pouting at McDonald's. I listen to him and drive in the drive thru.

" What do you want?" I ask since I'm in the driver seat. My fingers tap on my steering wheel.

" Are you gonna get something?" He firstly asks. I shake my head.

" No, it's almost three in the afternoon i already ate lunch." He glares at me and leans over.

" Can i have a big Mac. Big fries. A medium diet coke. And then a happy meal also with a Diet Coke and the girly toy please." He tells the McDonald's worker. I give him a playful smile when he goes back in his seat. And i drive to the next window.

" The girly toy? Are you one of the girls now." I smile. He glares and leans over again to pay. The cashier gives us the food and he places the happy meal on my lap.

" No, I'm not one of the girls now. But last time i checked you were a girl so that's why i got the girly toy." He says. I drive off and park before looking at him.

" Why?"

" Because you need to eat?" He states the obvious and then unbuckles himself. " Can i drive?"

My eyebrows shoot in the air. " But I'm not hungry. And why? Don't trust my driving?" I glare at him playfully.

" I don't like sitting in the passenger seat. Besides isn't it like an unspoken rule that the guy drives?" I shrug. And unbuckle my seat belt. We switch seats.

" Not sure. But i don't mind not driving. I don't really like it. Definitely not when it's dark." I say as he hands me the happy meal. He starts the car and speeds off while he eats his McDonald's. " Thanks for the maccies. I'll pay you back." I say giving him a smile. He nods and keeps driving.

" No problem sage. It's the least i could do, thank you for getting me to the garage."

We arrive at the garage. Kyle gets out. He hands me my keys. I get out as well ready to get back to the driver seat.

" Sage?" I turn around and look at Kyle, a questioning look on my face. " mhm?"

" Wanna come with me for a second?" He trails off. I give him a small smile and put my keys in my pocket. " Sure." I mosey over to him and walk next to him. We enter the garage that's so dark. It's covered with graffiti and reeks of drugs.

" I should wait outside." I murmur and turn around to walk away. He furrows his eyebrows and me but lets me go. Twenty minutes later he walks out with his motorcycle. His eyes find mine while I'm sitting in my trunk.

" I thought you left?" He sounds confused. I jump out the trunk and get to him. I look at his motorcycle.

" Nope. You asked me to stay for a bit." I point out and look at him. " It looks brand new." I say looking back at his motorcycle.

" Yeah." He agrees and inspects the motorcycle. " Want a ride around the city just a few minutes?" He smirks.

" Oh no. I'll fly off." I wide my eyes and step away. His smirk grows. " Oh come on darling. Just hop on, I'll promise not to drive fifty miles over the speed limit." He holds out his pinky. I look between his eyes, his motorcycle and his pinky.

" Will you be careful?" I ask holding out my own pinky, not hooking it with his yet.

" Promise." He nods and hooks our pinkies.