5

The following morning i let myself rot in bed till noon. My head is pounding, my hair is messy and I'm still wearing my dress, hees and make up from last night. I sigh deeply and roll over in my bed. I grab a painkiller and then get up. Dragging myself to the bathroom. I stay in the shower for a half hour. My body red from the heat.

I get out and let my hair loose. Putting on some jeans and a black top. I shuffle out the bathroom.

" Good afternoon Sage bear." Easton grins and pats my head. I swat his hand away and groan.
" Hungover?" I nod and massage my temples.

" Where is everyone?" I question and grab an apple from the kitchen, Easton leans against the wall.

" Millie is with some dude from Brighton or whatever." He mutters, i raise my eyebrows at his tone.
" He's a dickhead, he made her cry last night at the party." He adds and i nod.

" Yeah Tyler is her ex and he's great. She loved him but i think they broke up because he had to stop with school for a while. I don't know the details." I explain to him. Easton listens nodding at my words.

" Well I don't like him. Anyway the other two are at the gym Kyle said that if you also want to go there that you can text him he'll wait for you outside then." I look at Easton and lay my head down on the counter.

" Is it intimidating?"

" What? The gym. I mean no because if someone tries to intimidate me I'll just punch them." Easton smugly says. I raise my eyebrows at him.

" You didn't help me." He grins and pats my back.

" You'll have Vince and Kyle there believe me if someone does something to you they'll deal with them. But sage bear if you're scared to go then don't, you don't need to go." Easton gives me a grin and I nod.

" I'll go. I want to." I nod and Easton proudly high fives me. I head to my room and grab my gym clothes. I put my hair in a ponytail and then head out. Sending a text to Kyle that I'm on my way.

I park my car at the same gym I went to a few days ago with Kyle. I head to the entrance where Kyle is standing, his hands in his pockets.

" Hey." I mutter. He nods to me.

" Hangover?"

" Yeah a little."

" I always come to the gym when I'm hungover. Let's go." He pushes the door open and we walk in. I get changed and then find him again. Chatting with a group of guys.

They keep chatting and i awkwardly stand there waiting. Kyle meets my gaze and nods over to me.

" That's sage. She's our roommate." He says and Vince nods. " If she needs help you help her. If i catch any of you doing anything to her you won't see daylight." Kyle grumbles. The guys nod and shrug like Kyle his treat does them nothing.

" What do you wanna do first?" I look around while fiddling with my necklace.

" I'm not sure." I mumble. Kyle nods and walks away expecting me to follow him. I trail behind him as he takes big steps. We stop in front of the treadmill.

" Hop on darling." He grins and goes on the treadmill next to me. I nod and stand on the treadmill. He leans over and starts it. I start walking while he immediately starts running.

" Sage don't mind me alright? Just start with walking and then we build it up. Till you get to running. Do whatever you feel comfortable with." I nod at his words and walk on the treadmill.

We stay at the gym for a hour. Kyle teaches me how the different equipments work. I mainly follow him like a puppy.

After the gym session I head home with Kyle driving closely behind. Once in the apartment we're the only two home.

" I'm proud of you." I suddenly hear Kyle say under his breath. I turn to him my eyebrows raised and i almost feel like crying at the four words he said to me.

" Mhm?" I ask not sure why he said it.

" You faced your fear. So I'm proud of you Sage. Even though you really don't need to go to the gym to lose weight." He says sounding genuine.

" thank you." I mumble under my breath. I'm about to walk away. So we can stop talking about this.

" Hey Sage? Could you give me a ride tomorrow if you are free?" I look at him with questioning eyes.

" Why? What about Vince or Easton?"

" I need a ride to a garage an hour away and the guys decide to ditch me, they were gonna bring me but guess some of their girls are more important." Kyle shrugs. His hands in his pockets.

" Uh, sure? What time? I've got class in the morning." Kyle picks his phone.

" it would be great if we'd leave here at two in the afternoon." I nod and he gives me a nod back. " Thanks Sage. Bye." He disappears in his room.

The next morning i sit in class next to Vince. My body is sore from the gym yesterday.

" You look like you've got something in your ass." Vince snickers. I give him a fake smile.

" My body is sore." I say. Wiggling my pen in my hand.

" You'll need a nice hot shower." Vince suggests.

" I can't, Kyle needs a ride to a garage. For what anyway? He's got his car here?" I wonder while writing down something the teacher just said.

" His motorcycle. He crashed it a couple of weeks ago and it's been in repair ever since." Vince shrugs and leans back in his chair as if it's nothing.

I gape at him.
" It must've been bad then? If his motorcycle was in repair for weeks?" I ask surprised. I put my pen down and look at him.

" Guess not. Kyle brushed off the dirt and complained that his jeans were ripped. He picked his motorcycle up and just went straight to the garage. He then complained even more that he had to pay a ticket for driving fifty miles over the speed limit." I grimace.

" Jesus, I cry when I stub my toe against the wall." I shudder. " fifty miles over the speed limit does he have a death wish?" The teacher calls on us to focus again. I turn my gaze back to the teacher and nod.

" No. well i don't think so. But he just likes driving fast. He's got a things for cars and motorcycles." He whispers also looking at the teacher.

" he's so serious. And he grumbles so much he's like a bear. And you and Easton are so stupid. How does this trio work." I ask looking back at Vince.

" Yeah, well." Vince gets cut off my the bell. " that's a story for another time girl. Go give my friend a ride." Vince grins and pushes me off the chair making me crash into the ground. I gasp while he's full on laughing.

" Oh my god!" He wheezes. Clapping his hands as no sound comes from his mouth anymore. " I didn't think you'd go flying to the ground." He snickers and helps me up. He wipes his tears and gives me my stuff.

" Thank you asshole." I yell behind as I walk away, blowing him a kiss. He laughs loudly.

Time for a roadtrip.