➵ 003. Weigh of Good & Evil

Comincia dall'inizio

"Hardly. But at the pace you and your family is going at... They will catch on soon enough... It's a pity that they are so slow at what they are tasked to do. Only goes to show how competent they are." Lilith rolled her eyes at the thought of The Five.

"Then what are your intentions for approaching me?" Klaus eyes her suspiciously.

"How bold of you to think that I, the Devil's child, would want anything from you, an Original. What could I possibly want from you?" Lilith looked up and down at him with folded arms. "You, on the other hand, seem to want something. From me, perhaps?"

Klaus eyed her back, judging her. "Are you really the Devil who is going around killing humans?"

"Yes. But I am THE Devil's child. I am more than willing to get dirt on my hands if need be. Like my father. But he's such a sweetheart, that he can't do the things I do." 

"Are you planning on killing the Hunters, as well?"

Lilith parted her lips with a frown, "Why do you ask?"

"I want them gone. They are a threat to me and my family."

"And you think I will kill them?"

"Yes."

"Look. I won't kill them. I should be killing you for all the towns you painted red. However, I am not doing it."

Klaus paused before asking her, "Why? Why aren't you killing me, if you have the power to do so?"

"Because it's what you are made for. If a vampire doesn't drink blood, then how will they survive?" Lilith asked, raising a brow. "It's the same thing with humans. They kill animals to keep themselves fed. Why would it be considered a sin if vampires do the same? It's a game of survival, after all. You either win or end up dead. Your choice."

Klaus smirked at her, "You have a very twisted mind, you know that?"

"I wouldn't call it twisted. I would call it being rational and being unbiased." Lilith shrugged. "One must always weigh both sides before making up their mind. Same concept goes for the good and evil. What would you define as evil?"

"What I do. Killing innocent and plotting devious plans," Klaus replies with a sinister smirk.

Lilith looked at him with a bored look. She snapped her fingers, summoning a chicken. "Good or evil?"

"How would I know?" Klaus asked with a frown and shrugged.

"Exactly. How would you know? Even if the chicken is innocent, it will still end up being dinner for the humans. Use that logical on you. You end up being like them. Just a hungry being." Lilith makes the chicken disappear with another snap. "You are not evil. Just hungry. That's how the food chain works."

"You should use these lessons on my brother Finn," Klaus smiles with folded arms.

"Niklaus!" Elijah called out, walking over to Klaus.

Lilith raised a brow at Elijah, "The noble one, I presume?"

Klaus rolled his eyes, "Yes."

"Where have you been? Rebekah is—" Elijah comes to a halt, noticing Lilith and Axel. "I didn't know you were meeting someone..." Elijah smiles at them, "Hello, I am Elijah." He kisses Lilith's hand and nods to Axel, who was glaring up and down at the two brothers.

"Hello, I am Lilith." Lilith nudged Axel to speak.

"Axel." He says with a dry tone.

Lilith sighed, pinching her nose bridge. "I sometimes forget that you can be so cold, my devious spawn."

"I am a demon, Lili. I was not made to serve humans and their— predators. I serve only you and Luci."

"Yes, yes." Lilith patted Axel's arm, smiling at the two brothers, "Don't mind my friend here. He loathes anyone, who is not his family."

"Please, Niklaus is much like your friend," Elijah says with a wide smile, while Klaus glares at him.

"Enough now, Elijah." Klaus hooks his arm around Elijah's neck, forcing a smile on his face as he gazes into Lilith's dark brown eyes. "We ought to leave now."

"Oh, yes, yes. Do go on." Lilith replies with a grin. 

She watched with a smile, as Klaus walk away with his arm around Elijah's shoulders. Klaus looked over his shoulder, meeting her eyes and smirking. Her smile faltered, seeing his eyes shine and lips mouthing, 'See you soon, Little Devil.' 

She blinked, when he broke the eye contact, leaving the area. 

Axel raised a brow at Lilith, "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" She laughed softly, as if it wasn't obvious that she is happy 24/7 and that there is nothing that can make her unhappy.