“What do you want?” I groaned

“Hold her” He commanded to Crabbe and Goyle and they grabbed each of my arms to keep me from moving. I struggled against them but to my dismay, they were too strong. I could see that a crowd was forming around us to see what would happen.

“Let me go!” I growled

“What do we have here? A little hedgehog is it?” Draco smirked evilly and pulled Bert off of my shoulder.

“Put him down!” I shouted

“I wonder what were to happen if…” Draco put his ‘good’ hand that held Bert over the railing and to where it was a more than a sixty foot drop. I gasped and began to struggle harder against Crabbe and Goyle. “…I were to put him down”

No luck.

“Don’t” I gasped

“Why should I listen to you?” Draco asked

“Don’t!”

“And I specifically remember you saying that you’d like to see me try to make your life hell. Are you going against that?”

 The crowd had formed and was very large yet no one was willing to help me. No one even said a word. I could feel tears starting to run down my cheeks.

“Aww, we’ve made the little orphan girl cry” Draco laughed and situated Bert so he was hanging by his leg. I watched Bert squirm and more tears came.

“Draco, please” I pleaded

“Ooh, now we’ve gone to begging. I wonder how far we’ll get” Draco hissed

Just then, Bert took a big swipe at Draco’s hand leaving a big scratch and startling Draco. It startled him enough to make Bert slip through his fingers. I screamed and the crowd gasped. I squeezed my eyes closed, not willing to look, but then another gasp came.

 This gasp was different though. It seemed to be a relieved gasp.

 I felt my arms be released and then heard footsteps running away. I looked up and saw my Hero standing there…

Holding an ALIVE Bert in his hands.

“Cedric, you saved him” I breathed

“I caught him one level down. I think his leg is broken though” Cedric said apologetically, handing Bert over to me. I welled up with tears of joy and smashed into his chest, giving him a big hug. He hugged me tightly back.

“Thank you, so much” I grinned at him. “Do you have to go to class?”

“Not right now” He smiled down at me

“Will you come with me to see if Madam Pomfrey can fix his leg?” I asked hopefully

“Of course” He nodded and we walked away from the crowds, leaving them with a scene meant for a movie. I held Bert close to my chest in a protective manor and it seemed to calm him. We entered the Hospital wing and Madam Pomfrey immediately sighed.

“What is now?” She put her hands on her hips

“Come here often?” Cedric laughed and I nodded

“Um…my Hedgehog broke his leg” I said, biting my lip.

“Let me take a look at him” She said patting a table. I set Bert on it and watched Madam Pomfrey intently with my hands at my side.  I felt Cedric’s fingers brush against my hand. I blushed but slid my hand into his and interlaced our fingers. “Yes, the bone is broken but I can get someone to fix it”