seventeen

17. Break On Through

Rebekah and Lily went to the Wickery Bridge construction, talking to the mayor to see if there was any other way they can find the three they were looking for, without having to go through the Salvatore's and alerting them, turns out, there was no other way, if they wanted to find the white oak tree, they needed to talk to the Salvatore's.

After the mayor had walked away, Rebekah started looking around for the oldest Salvatore, having seen him arrive at the site, once her eyes landed on Damon, she rolled her eyes seeing who he was standing with, "Oh bloody hell".

Lily followed Rebekah eye sight, "Do you know who that is?" she asked, seeing Damon talk to a red head.

"That is Sage" Rebekah informed.

Lily looked at Rebekah in slight shock, "As in the Sage who was obsessed with Finn nine hundred years ago?".

"That's the one" Rebekah confirmed, walking over to Damon and Sage, "Look what the cat dragged in".

"Easy there, Rebekah, you know, she used to beat men for sport" Damon warned, as Lily also walked over to them.

"She always was quite common" Rebekah taunted, making Lily chuckle.

"Rebekah, what a happy surprise" Sage said sarcastically, having never liked Rebekah.

"What are you doing here, Sage?" Rebekah asked.

"Well, I heard Finn was finally freed from that casket your rageaholic brother Klaus carted him around in" Sage replied.

Lily frowned hearing Sage call Klaus a rageaholic, "From what I hear, you have no place to call Klaus rageaholic, you used to beat men up for fun".

"And who are you?" a confused Sage asked.

"That's none of your business" Rebekah stated, "And about Finn, you just missed him, he left town and didn't tell a soul where he was going".

"He probably went looking for me" Sage said.

Rebekah let out a humorless chuckle, "Or, quite possibly, he forgot all about you".

"I doubt that" Sage said, refusing to believe Finn would forget her.

"No?" Rebekah asked, "Because he didn't seem to mention you, sorry you came all this way for nothing, have a nice life".

Rebekah walked away from Sage and Damon and Lily quickly followed, not wanting to be in the company of either of the vampires.

***

Lily had parted ways from Rebekah when she told her that Sage and Damon had invited her to spend the afternoon at the boarding house with them, though Lily found that suspicious, she didn't say anything knowing Rebekah only listened to herself, so while Rebekah was with Damon and Sage, Lily decided to spend the day with her mother.

While Lily and Liz were sitting the living room, watching Supernatural, Lily had received a call from Rebekah, letting her know she knew where the white oak tree was, Wickery Bridge, so without wasting a second, and after getting permission from her mother, Lily rushed out her house and towards Wickery Bridge.