three

03. Bad Moon Rising

Damon opened the front door of the boarding house and let Alaric in.

"Thanks for coming, Ric" Damon said, leading the history teacher towards the living room where Elena and Stefan were sitting, "Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon in your coffee?".

"Elena mentioned you needed my help" Alaric said, getting straight to the point.

"Yeah" Stefan said, "We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family".

"And Lily Forbes" Damon added, making Stefan roll his eyes, his brother's obsession with Lily was starting to get on his nerves.

At the Forbes house, Lily was all ready in her running gear, she peaked into her sisters room and a small smile formed on her seeing her sister peacefully sleeping, after adjusting Caroline's duvet, and leaving her a note, Lily put her earphones when and ran out of the Forbes household and towards the Lockwood's cellar where Mason had told she could transform tonight.

"Now why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked, "And whose Lily Forbes?".

"Caroline's little sister who literally popped out of no where" Damon replied, "And, you wouldn't know, but your dead-not-dead vampire wife might".

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together" Elena clarified.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town" Stefan added.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls was rooted in folklore and legend" Alaric informed, "At the time, I thought most of which was fiction".

"Like that amazing vampire story" Damon taunted.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asked curiously.

"The lycanthrope" Alaric revealed, making Damon and Stefan exchange a look.

"Wait, like werewolves?" Elena asked shocked.

"No way, impossible" Damon stated, "Way too Lon Chaney".

"Is it?" Stefan challenged.

"I've been on this planet 160-some-odd years, never come across one" Damon said, "If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?".

On the other hand, Lily finally arrived at the Lockwood's cellar, after making sure no one was following her, she went down stairs.

"Well, why do you suspect the Lockwoods and Caroline's little sister?" Alaric asked curiously.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor on Founder's Day, but the Gilbert device did" Damon replied, "And it affected his son Tyler".

"And at the school carnival, his Uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival workers" Stefan added, "It suggested some sort of a supernatural entity".

"And let's not forget about good old Lily Forbes" Damon said, "Who disappears for two years, then suddenly comes back with knowledge about what me and Stefan are and somehow she's stronger then me".