twenty one

21. As I Lay Dying

"You've been busy" Elijah informed, throwing a naked Klaus his clothes.

Klaus let out a content sigh, "That was amazing" he said, standing up and wearing his clothes, "How long has it been?".

"Almost two days" Elijah informed, "Full moon came and went, you two remained wolves".

Klaus looked at Elijah in confusion, "Us two?" he asked.

"You and Lily" Elijah clarified.

Immediately a smirk formed on Klaus's face, "Well, then that settles it" he said, "Lily turning into a wolf the same time as me and then staying a wolf with me, proves that--".

"Her fate is tied to yours" Elijah finished, the dejected tone in his voice missed by Klaus.

"Where is Lily now?" Klaus asked.

"I'm here".

Elijah and Klaus turned around and saw Lily standing there, wearing nothing but a large bomber jacket.

"Lily", Klaus went to take a step towards the Forbes werewolf but she held her hand out.

"Don't" Lily said, glaring at Klaus, "Don't you dare come near me Klaus, after what you did to Jenna, I want nothing to do with you", Lily looked at Elijah, "I need to know why I stayed a werewolf for two days, that's never happened to me before, and I have a feeling you know why it's happened".

Elijah sighed, "It was because of Niklaus".

Lily looked at Elijah in confusion, "I beg your pardon".

"I'm the one your fate is tied to, little luna" Klaus revealed.

"No" Lily said, shaking her head in denial, "I'm not tied to you".

"Denial isn't going to change the facts" Klaus said.

"Screw you and your facts!" Lily snapped, "I don't want anything to do with you Klaus, my fate is not tied to you, it can't be".

Lily turned to walk away, "Laya Singh" Klaus suddenly blurted out, making both Lily and Elijah look at him in confusion.

"Whose Laya Singh?" Lily asked, feeling extremely confused as to why Klaus just blurted that name out.

"Your birth name" Klaus revealed.

Lily looked at Klaus wide eyed, "How do you know that?".

"It came to me in a dream" Klaus replied.

"What else do you know about my birth?" Lily asked.

Klaus shrugged, "A lot" he replied,

"Then tell me" Lily insisted.

"But you were just about to walk away from me" Klaus taunted.

"What the hell do you want from me, Klaus?" a frustrated Lily asked.

"I want you to stay with me" Klaus replied, "Let me know that I can trust you, and I'll tell you everything I know about your biological family, and trust me Lily, I do know a lot".