twelve

12. The Ties That Bind

"You realise that walking into someone's house unannounced is called breaking in, right?" Lily asked Klaus, as the two entered the Salvatore's boarding house.

"If the Salvatore's were so worried about uninvited guests then they would have signed the deed to their house over to a human by now" Klaus stated, "Clearly, they don't care how comes and goes here".

Lily shook her head at Klaus, "Question, why have you brought me along with you?" she asked, "I'll be honest, I'm in no mood to deal with either of the Salvatore brothers right now".

"After what happened last night, I'm not letting you out of my sight" Klaus informed.

"Klaus, you can't keep me infront of your eyes for the rest of time" Lily said, trying to reason with Klaus.

"Try me" Klaus challenged.

"Klaus" Lily warned.

"Laya" Klaus teased.

"I hate you" Lily said, but the small smile on her face said otherwise.

"Sure you do" Klaus said, smiling seeing the smile on Lily's face.

Before Klaus and Lily could continue their conversation, the front door opening caught their attention, turning around they saw Stefan entering the house, immediately causing Lily to clench her hands into a fist, resisting the immense urge to punch the youngest Salvatore for his stunt last night.

"What are you two doing here?" a confused Stefan asked.

"Enjoying our stalemate" Klaus replied.

"What do you want?" Stefan asked, in no mood to deal with Klaus.

"Question is, what do you want?" Klaus retorted, "My hybrids left town as you demanded so please tell me what I need to do to get my family back".

"Well, see, Klaus, I'm not negotiating" Stefan stated, making Lily roll her eyes at his stubbornness.

"And you understand holding them indefinitely is the same thing as dropping them in the ocean" Klaus said.

"No, no" Stefan said, "You leave Mystic Falls and then give me a call in a few years and we'll talk".

"I'm going to give you another chance, just one more" Klaus negotiated, "Let's make a reasonable deal".

"Or what?" Stefan challenged, "You make one move and I will drop--".

Lily groaned in annoyance, "God, your threats are starting to get boring Stefan, either get new threats that will actually scare the big bad hybrid over here, or give him his coffins back so we can all get on with our lives, because this whole civil war thing between you two, it's really starting get on my nerves".

"What she said" Klaus told Stefan.

***

Lily sat at the bar in Mystic Grill, drinking bourbon, when Klaus came and sat next to her.

"I know where Stefan hid my coffins" Klaus said, getting straight to the point.

Lily looked at Klaus in confusion, "And you're telling me this, why?".