fourteen

14. Crying Wolf

"You sure you don't want to come with me to the Grill?" Caroline asked her sister, standing at Lily's doorway watching her run around trying to find her shoes, "Bonnie has a plan to get information out of Luka".

Lily laid on the floor and looked underneath her bed, "Whose Luka?" she asked, rummaging through all the shoes she stored under her bed.

"Do you not listen to anything I tell you?" Caroline asked.

"You told me about Luka?" Lily asked, her eyes landing on one of the shoes she's been looking for, "Yes!" she yelled, "Now where's the other one".

"Yes I told you about Luka, he's Dr. Jonas Martin's son, the witch whose working with Elijah" Caroline reminded, entering Lily's room and looking into her bathroom to find the other pair of the shoe, causing Caroline to shake her head, "How she manages to get shoes everywhere is beyond me" she whispered, grabbing the shoe, "I found the other pair!".

Lily lifted her head up and a huge smile came on her face seeing her shoe in Caroline's hand, "Thank god, where did you find it?".

"In the bathroom" Caroline informed, throwing Lily the shoe who easily caught it, "How did one pair of your shoe end up under your bed and the other in the bathroom".

Lily shrugged, "I have no idea" she replied honestly, sitting on the floor and putting her shoes on, "Now back to your question, I am not coming with you to the grill".

"Why not?" Caroline asked, "You're not still mad at me, are you?".

"A little" Lily admitted.

"Lily--".

"But that's not why I'm not coming to the grill" Lily quickly assured, "Mom wants me to be at that historical society tea party they are doing at the Lockwood's today".

"Why you?" Caroline asked confused, knowing her sister hated going to events like that.

"Because you refused and apparently mom needs at least one of her daughters to be at the event" Lily informed, standing up from the floor.

"Okay fair enough" Caroline said, "But please don't tell me you're wearing that to the event".

Lily looked down at her cropped top and ripped jeans with converses, "What's wrong with this?".

"This is not something you wear to a tea party" Caroline stated.

Lily narrowed her eyes at her sister, "I know where you're going with this, and I'm telling you now that I'm not wearing a freaking dress".

"Yes you are" Caroline said.

"I will run" Lily threatened.

"I have super speed" Caroline retorted.

"I don't have any dresses" Lily informed.

"Luckily for you, I have plenty" Caroline said, a smug smile on her face.

Lily groaned in annoyance, "I hate dresses".