four

04. Memory Lane

"What is happening to me?!".

"Father, it hurts!".

"Brother, please don't let them do this to me!".

Lily gasped and sat up in her bed, feeling very disorientated because of her dream, before it was just a voice telling her that they're going to meet soon, and now she was hearing the same voice, but this time whoever this person was, they were in pain, Lily could tell that something really bad had happened to him, but what Lily had no idea.

Lily laid her head back on her pillow, she stared up at her ceiling and wondering who this person was and what was his story, but most importantly why is she all of a sudden dreaming about him, more specifically his voice, it won't stop haunting Lily's dream and she wondered how long she can listen to this voice before it starts driving her crazy.

***

"Why do you hate me so much?" Lily asked her sister, as they entered the Gilbert's living room together.

"I don't hate you, I just don't want you to spend the rest of your life trapped in your bedroom" Caroline replied.

"Why not?" Lily asked.

"Because that's not healthy" Caroline replied.

"And who decided that?" Lily asked.

"Me" Caroline replied, "I decided that, you are not leaving my eye sight Lily, end of discussion".

Lily looked at her sister in confusion, "Is everything okay, Care?".

Caroline looked at her sister, she wanted to tell her about Katherine threatening her life, but she didn't want her sister to worry, "Everything is fine, I just--I just got you back, okay" Caroline said, "I'm scared if I let you out of my sight, then you will somehow disappear again".

Lily sighed, "Care, I'm not going anywhere, I promise".

"I believe you" Caroline assured, "But till it fully sinks in that you're back, just stay with me, okay? Don't leave my sight".

"Will that make you feel better?" Lily asked.

"Yes" Caroline replied.

"Fine, then I'm going to be your shadow till you don't need me to be it anymore" Lily assured.

"There's a difference between need and want Lily" Caroline said, "I'm always going to need you to be by me as my shadow, but I know that's not possible, you are not made to be anyone's shadow, but right now, I want you to be my shadow till the fact that you are here and alive sinks in".

Lily gave her sister a small smile, "Sure" she said, "Whatever you need to make you feel better".

"Thank you" Caroline said, giving her sister an appreciative smile.

"Anytime" Lily said, just as Jenna entered the living room.

"Caroline! Lily!" Jenna greeted, hugging Caroline then hugging Lily, "I'm so glad you two came".