"We don't need to. We just need a safe place to hole up", Annabeth states, her braids swinging as she walks hurriedly. 

"Some place safe. Any idea where we might find one of those?" Percy asks impatiently. 

Annabeth thinks for a moment before stating confidently, "I do. A sanctuary, dedicated to Athena. Built by one of her demigod children a long time ago".

"There's an Athenian temple hidden somewhere in the middle of downtown St. Louis?" Grover pries, sounding a bit disbelieving. If there's something Morana has learned, it's that you should never doubt Annabeth. 

"Yes", the girl states. "Except it's not all that hidden". 

The Gateway Arch reveals itself ahead, Morana looking up in slight amazement. 

"It's 630 feet wide. 630 tall. Both to within an inch", Annabeth tells them and Morana is pretty sure that she'll forget the information after fife minutes. 

"It's got no internal support. Each side is balanced perfectly against the other. The Arch is held up by symmetry. It's held up by math!"

"And it's earthquake proof, so Poseidon can't ruin it", Annabeth finishes her lesson. "Nice", Percy comments, earning a small amused scoff from Morana. 

They shove through a group of students, blending in quite well. "This is how you show Athena your love. A monument to the power of perfection", Annabeth says proudly.

Morana furrows her brows, "I just got my dad a cheeseburger for his birthday last year". Annabeth frowns at her like she's just insulted all of Olympia. 

"He liked it", Morana raises her hands in surrender, Annabeth scoffing and turning to Grover as he says, "It's a monument to some other stuff too".

And indeed there's a lot of junk at the base of the arch. Animal skulls and guns on podiums, paintings on the walls and a whole lot of people piling in and out. "You're talking about what some humans want this place to be about. I'm talking about what it actually is". 

It's kind of adorable how dedicated to her mother Annabeth is. Morana has never really liked the gods, other than the ones who have proven themselves to be decent. But the way Annabeth is talking about her passion, makes Morana think it's all worth it.

"We're safe here, right?" Grover asks. "No monsters can enter. Not even Echidna", Annabeth assures them. 

"Great. Well. Since our train exploded. I'm gonna see if there's another we can get tickets on. We can't stay here forever", Grover offers before stating, "Just because we're prey, doesn't mean we have to be helpless". 

Annabeth and Percy press their lips in thin lines and nod, the former walking after the boy, leaving Morana with Percy, an awkward silence filling the air. 

"He doesn't like it when people mess with animals", Percy states, staggering towards the staircase and then turning to face Morana again. 

"I know", Morana says bluntly, not getting why Percy's telling her the fact she already knows. But he just wants to fill the silence. 

"Wonder if Athena's around", he wonders out loud. "Be right there just going to the potty", Percy says in a high voice which breaks multiple times.